MG ZR Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
When some noob came on claiming to have a factory standard 130bhp saxo, i sent citroen an email asking if one was ever made.

i have got a reply from them now. I think this should be stickied!
Thank you for your e-mail dated 7 April 2008.

I can confirm that Citroën have not released a Citroën Saxo with your required build specification. Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact us on 0844 463 3500.

In closing, I would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Yours sincerely
CITROËN UK LIMITED
It's like the whole 'my saxo vtr has a silver top engine, i have 98bhp'... oh deary me.

(From a Saxo site)

there never ever was a 135bhp 106gti/saxo vts, 120's all im afraid.
please do your research before you put me down so abruptly in the future. from everything i've been told the final incarnation of the VTS engine made in 2003 was 135 bhp, distinguishable by the 2 metal tabs sticking out of the front of the head in the middle.

ah, i see you have done the research, my bad, lol

if ur email is true then that would mean there are a lot of misinformed peugeot and citroen owners out there, and a lot of people trading illegally under the trade descriptions act and all that due to telling their customers they are getting something they are not....

there are also a few different websites out there claiming the 2003 engine was 135 bhp, so where is all this info coming from?

please do your research before you put me down so abruptly in the future. from everything i've been told the final incarnation of the VTS engine made in 2003 was 135 bhp, distinguishable by the 2 metal tabs sticking out of the front of the head in the middle.

ah, i see you have done the research, my bad, lol

if ur email is true then that would mean there are a lot of misinformed peugeot and citroen owners out there, and a lot of people trading illegally under the trade descriptions act and all that due to telling their customers they are getting something they are not....
Wasn't meant to be a blunt reply, if it seemed that way, sorry.

As far as im aware, this was started with a small company buying several VTS's, modding them to 130ish and selling them as 'San Remo's', never actually a standard car, quite poor actually.

Regardless of how many plugs the management has or slight headwork/cat being moved to the manifold, they were all 120ish, give or take a couple of ponies. The headwork/cat was moved to give a more restricted engine more power to equal out the changes in the engine, down to emissions.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.