MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night a close friend of mine got beaten up by a group of teenagers. He says they jumped on him because he was meant to of been staring at one of them. They left him lying motionless on the pavement on a main street where we live (no CCTV, typical).
He was left lying on the pavement at 3am semi-councious for a unknown time but the police and him reckon about 45mins. He remembers bits of what happened so is able to tell police some of what happened but not all. Dozens of taxi drivers/cars etc... must of passed him and not even turned a eye, its a main route into the city centre.

Eventually he was spotted by a police patrol car and taken to hospital, has just been released from A&E and is obviously shocked and is trying to help police investigate. He has a deep cut to his forehead, a black eye and 3 broken ribs.

I'm just disgusted really that so many people can pass someone like this in the street and not do anything. At least phone the police for gods sake. Don't you think its sick!?

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
i know what you are saying mate but ive seen a fair few drunks lying at the side of the road and you think nothign of it, hell ive probably lay down at the side of the road on my drunken walk home many a time before, but the fact is people assume he is drunk and it is his own fault

·
aka thejollywodger
1,833 Posts
that sucks man. i mean the "are u staring at me?" what are people supposed not to have their eyes open jeez

sound old now but that is kids today! lack of discipline and political correctness are to blame! when i were a lad i was actually scared my dad if i did anything wrong but because of ****s in power ur not allowed to discipline ur kids! now look at the state of things! people scared to go out at night.

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know what you are saying mate but ive seen a fair few drunks lying at the side of the road and you think nothign of it, hell ive probably lay down at the side of the road on my drunken walk home many a time before, but the fact is people assume he is drunk and it is his own fault
Yeah i suppose but the way i look at it, if someone is lying motionless by the side of the pavement, for all you know they could be unconscioius through alcohol, i wouldnt beable to live with myself if the worst happened and they died with alcohol poisoning and i saw them and didnt call for help.

·
aka thejollywodger
1,833 Posts
i'd do the same. once found a kid unconcious in my old car park and called an ambulance..just the right thing to do

·
Alergic to the apex
5,308 Posts
This happened to me once outside a school when the parents were picking up their children. Not one person stopped to help me as I got a kick in from 3 blokes for no reason.

Hope your mate has an easy recovery :yes:

·
1,010 Posts
This happened to me once outside a school when the parents were picking up their children. Not one person stopped to help me as I got a kick in from 3 blokes for no reason.

Hope your mate has an easy recovery :yes:
Never heard this story before?

·
Registered
149 Posts
When I was at school (5 years ago now, wow!) I was walking out the gate and some bald, massive guy grabbed me and back handed me, mistaken identity apparantly...so not just the young!!!

Also it is also only the MINORITY that carry knives and cause trouble...Comments like "the youth of today" is only going to push all the young away socially and cause fear in the heads of the elderly and middle aged. Such an annoying subject...i could go on for hours on this

·
Registered
769 Posts
The trouble is now is that if u see a fight or something do u really wanna get involved? They could have anything on them or anyone round the corner.
I know i would try and help someone led on the floor if they were injured but if they were drunk i wouldnt.
Im really sorry to hear about it hope he is ok.

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its hard to say what you would do in a situation untill it actually happens. I would probably just call the police if i found a drunk person lying on the pavement. Possibly not stop but at least call the cops and let them deal with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts