MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just driving down the motorway and looked at the temperture gauge it wa on red then as i came off the motorway the gauge went back to in the middle i got to tesco and turned it off. turned it back on and would only start when i gave it some revs. so i though i better get home so was on way back home down motorway and lorry pulled out so took foot off accelerator and it konked out so i started her back up again with revs and she just started. then as coming off motorway had to stop at lights and it was just reveing itself or if wasnt doing that then it would just cut out. i have just managed to get it home but making a really wierd noise under bonnet any suggestions what may be up with it?

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Check your coolant level mate :S

Could be a number of things including head gasket failure but all will become clear when you check if firstly you have any coolant and if its clean and secondly if there is a white residue under your oil cap which is the coolnat in the oil.

Best to get it to a garage and get it checked out mate :)

·
The Euro Z Project
591 Posts
Sounds like the head gasket, very similar to what happend to my first engine. I would stop driving it around and get it checked just to be on the safe side. Hope its not to bad mate hopefully the head gasket wont be the fault!

·
Registered
556 Posts
isit looking like head gasket gone then? if so would u advise me to join aa because they pay 500pound towards repairs dont they or sumat like that
Yeah they do mate..i took it out purely to help toward the dredded hgf if/when i get it..Its called breakdown repair cover...they pay £500 toward repairs but you pay the first £25..cover suspension electrics and all mechanical items so for 75 quid a year i thought it was well worth it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah they do mate..i took it out purely to help toward the dredded hgf if/when i get it..Its called breakdown repair cover...they pay £500 toward repairs but you pay the first £25..cover suspension electrics and all mechanical items so for 75 quid a year i thought it was well worth it :thumbsup:
because mine is at home what cover do i need to take out with them?

·
facebook.com/street modS
6,502 Posts
you have had a new engine then you get HGF??? how long ago did you get the engine is it under warantee???

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.