MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
totally agree

and dont get me started on polictical correctness crap they give out
i gave up on this contry long ago
if i could get a job in the states id be off in a blink with the zr :)

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
If i got caught by a pedestrian weilding a speed gun... i would soooo loose my temper....

·
Registered
326 Posts
seems good wouldnt pay the price though

should get 17 peeps to chip in 1 pound and pass it around
putit on ebay for download etc..

·
Registered
775 Posts
LOL you will love this last week i was off work ill (getting the head done on the zed) i looked out my back window and saw someone with a speed gun talking to the kids on the way to school,any how i went round to the post box 10 mins latter and she was still there surounded by kids and giving them ago with the gun , being a keen sporty driver kind, i took a pic with me phone and went over to see , she was most keen to show me all the goings on , until i pointed out she was there to stop speeding not to play with kids with an item paid for by the tax payer, and then pointed out my picture with the kid with it in his hand and her standing in the back ground, should of seen her face when i said i was going to report her for miss use, priceless

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Z00M said:
LOL you will love this last week i was off work ill (getting the head done on the zed) i looked out my back window and saw someone with a speed gun talking to the kids on the way to school,any how i went round to the post box 10 mins latter and she was still there surounded by kids and giving them ago with the gun , being a keen sporty driver kind, i took a pic with me phone and went over to see , she was most keen to show me all the goings on , until i pointed out she was there to stop speeding not to play with kids with an item paid for by the tax payer, and then pointed out my picture with the kid with it in his hand and her standing in the back ground, should of seen her face when i said i was going to report her for miss use, priceless

PMSL :mrgreen:

·
Registered
261 Posts
YOu should have kept that back in case you needed to trade it in against a speeding ticket from her.

·
Registered
50 Posts
ive put £60 aside for my next ticket, the wankers go on the dual carridgeway now. pedestrians with camera's and high vis jacket's.

The dumb fuck's decided to go right next to a roundabout tho where people are slowing down, funnily enough its same roundabout where we get footage of 'sideways' driving. its quite lethal in wet,

should have zero tolerence, run em over

·
Registered
50 Posts
in fact, im going to join them, park near them and crank stereo up, they can have 5 12's bangin all day. that gets annoying, playin a single song all day

:up: :up:

·
Registered
775 Posts
lol it was so funny to see her face , she confessed to everything

me / are you in the force :lcop:

her / no im a civilian on speed control

me/ do you get paid

her/ no i do it to stop the speeding idiots (by this time she was digging a big hole for her self)

me/so is that gun expencive then

her/ oh yes but if it saves a lifes its worth it, here have a look down on this screen and point it at the on comming traffic,

me/ wot happens if they are speeding, (as i hold the gun at the traffic and beg for me mate to come past)

her/ then we fill in this sheet and they get a fine (with a smile on here face)

me /so is it a good idea to plays silly games with an expencive item paid for by the tax payers your trying to catch,

her/ wot you mean (face has changed and she goes funny color) :lcop:

thats when i show her the pic and tell her im going to report her for miss use,

·
2,585 Posts
if u guys dont know this there is spray u can get to spray on to your number plate , o catch out the laser guns and GASTOs (i think thats waht they are called)

it is like a reflective sparay and i am sure that i seen in on speeding.co.uk

if my life goes according to plan, i will design and build my own hide-away lisence plates and start selling them to make good money :)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mitch - ZR said:
if i got told a civilian had caught me speeding and i'd got a fine i'd say prove it. Or does this camera record footage?
Some may record aswell!! most are just the gun only, how could this stand up in court?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yep seen 2 pedestrians today in warrington with a speed tri-pod camera.
Watch out those of you that use the walton-drag (just past the walton arms pub) going towards warrington from runcorn/moore.

To$$ers. Two old men who looked like 2 retired coppers!!

Lucky enough 2 wagons warned all the on-coming traffic :lol: b4 i got there.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Some peeps are missing the most important bit. They don't send you fines. They can't. They just send you warning letters (ignore the bit about further action, it's a bluff - they might come and visit you but they can't do anything else).

Anyway, what's all this immature BS going on? If you don't want to pay the fine don't do the 'crime'. It's simple. You know the law so you can't complain if you get caught and fined by a real copper. Cars are for grown-ups - if you're going to act like a spoilt teenager then I suggest staying off the roads until you've grown up.

I don't like speed cameras but I understand the purpose and if I get caught then that's most probably my fault!

Anyone like to disagree with me?

·
Registered
314 Posts
rich_b said:
Some peeps are missing the most important bit. They don't send you fines. They can't. They just send you warning letters (ignore the bit about further action, it's a bluff - they might come and visit you but they can't do anything else).

Anyway, what's all this immature BS going on? If you don't want to pay the fine don't do the 'crime'. It's simple. You know the law so you can't complain if you get caught and fined by a real copper. Cars are for grown-ups - if you're going to act like a spoilt teenager then I suggest staying off the roads until you've grown up.

I don't like speed cameras but I understand the purpose and if I get caught then that's most probably my fault!

Anyone like to disagree with me?
:wallb:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
If a new party came forward that would stop all this crap then I bet they would win.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts