MG ZR Forums banner
1501 - 1515 of 1515 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Inlet Manifold Gasket done today! Some of those nuts were a b**ch to get at and get off! New black gasket put on and system filled with coolant. The system only took 2.5L of coolant which had me puzzled for a good hour, trying to locate the air lock and get rid of it by squeezing/ tapping all the pipes and then suddenly realized that I hadn't drained the engine so the remaining 3L is probably the water that had been sitting at the bottom of the engine after the system drain!

:fp:

If anyone can confirm how much coolant sits at the bottom of the engine that would be a weight off my mind! Hopefully I've now solved my slow coolant leak, there was also a bit of oil mixing up in the coolant so I'm preying this may solve that aswel

·
Registered
2 Posts
can someone help i am in the middle of building a stox car mg zr 160 and have moved all the wireing inside the car from under the bonnet ,,,,can i remove the fuel purge from the bulk head altogether and just use the pipe work and filter

·
Registered
17 Posts
paint

well this is the start of trying to bring bumble back to a tidy car
photo 1 is me trying to remove a wrap from the bonnet .... horrible stuff to remove found the best to remove the glue is standard thinners
photo 2 after using a bit of kniffing stopper and elbow grease
the finished bonnet in matt black with a matt lacquer over it...
black paint is a bitch to put on the smallest blemish and you can see the fault

so oppinions peeps what do you think.... i wont be offended as i like it anyway
oh and the blue one in the background thats Elektra having a heart transplant

Attachments

1501 - 1515 of 1515 Posts