MG ZR Forums banner
1461 - 1480 of 1515 Posts

·
Shut up sad act!!!
3,894 Posts
Fitted some mist jets and painted my 160 calipers and carriers ready for install.

·
Shut up sad act!!!
3,894 Posts
Reactions: Swainy2013

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Fitted this today...

It's only a bit of a laugh, I doubt it will be a permanent fixture. I just fancied being a bit patriotic whilst appreciating a marque that is gone forever I guess...

·
ZR wannabee!
2,248 Posts
Started the clean of the engine bay today on my mk2 ZR (pics to follow)

needless to say, the Mrs wasn't happy with hoses and plastic covers covering the kitchen side ;-)

·
Shut up sad act!!!
3,894 Posts
Lowered on coil overs! So much for "a work horse, cheap run about, blah blah blah. Spent more on the MG than I have on the Evo!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Gutted the interior, gave it a good valet and cleaned up the surface rust in the spare wheel well. Tomorrow. 282mm brake conversion hehe:D

Day

·
Registered
7 Posts
Took the ZR in to the garage today, loss of coolant and oil, with slight black specs in the coolant bottle and EML coming on lead me to believe the worst- decided to take it in before it started overheating and warped the head.

Outcome was better than expected- expansion tank was slightly wet so the cap could be to blame, EML was a cylinder 1 misfire which leads me to believe it could be the inlet manifold gasket if the leak is internal.

Still not sure on the black specs in the expansion bottle I'm going to try and fish them out today and take a look, could be crap from an old hose or deteriorating radiator. No signs of emulsification of the oil, no white smoke from exhaust, expansion tank is spotlessly clean and no overheating at all as of yet.

Fingers Crossed! :mml:

·
Registered
598 Posts
After winter my car needed a good polish so i went out and got Meguiar's wash & wax kit. It's the best stuff ever so easy to polish off, faster than autoglym polish and gives a better deep colour shine. sorry for the red can on roof theres a challenge over on rover forum. can someone tell me if the picture are good because my bb gone down and i'm using my fone as a router ha ha!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have ordered a second hand alloy from ebay... missus phoned this morning to say she'd clipped a curb avoiding a **** in a metro and had a flat tyre.

One of her colleagues offered to put the spare on but unfortunately the space saver didn't fit. They pumped up the flat and it won't hold air so either the tyre or alloy is fuct. Gives me something to sort!:crazy:

·
Shut up sad act!!!
3,894 Posts
Zed express is back on the road and passed MOT first time yesterday!

1461 - 1480 of 1515 Posts