MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a mail shoot thingy through the post, my local dealer are banging out new 1.4 ZRX Mk2 for £9995.... so whats so good about it? and whats the "X" all about....... it aint Pimped thats 4 sure.... It looks the same as my 105+ "Lower sports suspension" and 17" straights ( i have hairpins)

Just bored and thought i would ask ! :xmas:

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
GT said:
Sounds like a dealer is a little confused... the ZRX doesnt use a 1.4!
and is not mass produced -yet :D

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
The real ZRX will never be produced... it *may* live on in name-only form.

The real ZRX was the 210!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
kitt said:
Just got a mail shoot thingy through the post, my local dealer are banging out new 1.4 ZRX Mk2 for £9995.... so whats so good about it? and whats the "X" all about....... it aint Pimped thats 4 sure.... It looks the same as my 105+ "Lower sports suspension" and 17" straights ( i have hairpins)

Just bored and thought i would ask ! :xmas:
Maybe its ZR(cross)........not ZReX, as it wot it makes ya, when ya have to keep going back to the dealer for all the bloody warranty repairs doin' ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the leaflet says its "New Special Limited Edition" 103ps 16v, MG ZRX (it red colour), it looks like a 160 but with a 105 performance (17", side skirts etc) which u dont get on a standard 105+... not too sure..

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
like the extreme & campaign packs of old then really...

·
SRS Xmas Pants On!
11,286 Posts
I think it will more than likely mean ZR-Xtreme. Basically be a specially priced 105+ with all the extras except for navigation. Basically a way of selling option packs, by offering a fully loaded insurance friendly models.

·
Registered
54 Posts
THE ZRX IS SHOWN IN DECEMBERS ISSUE OF AUTO EXPRESS. IT CUMS IN BOTH 1.8 180 bhp & 1.4 110 bhp. BUT NO TURBO & NO 210 HORSES PULLIN IT. ITS A SHAME CUZ I THINK X-POWER HAV FELL SHORT OF THE MARK ON THIS 1, ITS NOTHIN COMPERED 2 THE CONCEPT CAR WHICH WAS SHOWN AT THE NEC MOTOR SHOW IN JAN. I WOZ REALY LUKIN 4WARD 2 IT CUMIN OUT, BUT NOW IM JUST GOIN 2 DO MINE UP WITH A CADAMURO KIT.

THE LAUNCH DATE IS SET 4 JAN 05 & THE 1.8 WILL COST £17500 OF UR LITTLE PENNIES? HOW EVA MY LOCAL DEALER HAS NOT EVEN HEARD OF SUCH A CAR?

AND THE "X" STANDS 4 ZR X-POWER. :xmas:

GREG

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Who is gonna want to pay £17k for a ZR with only 20 more HP? I think most people will go for the ZS, less HP but more torque.

·
Registered
54 Posts
YEA TELL ME ABOUT IT?

BK IN JAN IT WAS 2.0 TURBO WITH 210 bhp, MID WAY THROUGH THE YEAR IT WENT 2 A 2.0 WITH THE OPTION OF HAVIN IT TUNED BETWEEN 180 - 250 bhp, NOW THAT WOZ WORTH 17 LARGE?

GREG

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
The ZR-X has never had a turbo! ;)

The original ZR-X '210' concept was supposed to be a naturally aspirated 2.0 version of the 1.8 k-series engine. It featured a larger bore and a deeper stroke, pushing the 1.8's limits even further. However, in the process most of the engine internals had to be changed for stronger parts too, but it could put out everything from 160Ps in lowest spec road version, to 210 Ps in a slightly higher powered version, with shorter service intervals.

Not to mention that the only douzen or so K2000 engines ever made were hand built by Engine Developments Ltd (JUDD) during the early stages of 2004. 8 of which went to WSR for the race spec 285Ps engine in the BTCC ZS's and at least 2 went into ZR track racers! None of these engines were ever actually fitted to the ZR-X concepts though, one had a VVC and the other seems to have a race-spec '120' engine in '180' trim.

Also, the ZR-X shown in Auto Express, was the second incarnation of the ZR-X, the original being a dark monogram colour in the mk1 styling.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I got one of those leaflets today.
Its just a standard 105 with some of the more desirable eXtras added on. and thats what the X stands for.
Its a dealer special offer.
I bought mine from that dealer and got a similar kind of deal. Probably a good offer if you look at the price of adding on the extras separately.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts