1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
Steer clear is my advice - 20bhp for £5?

Its been discussed before I believe... its a gimmic that tricks the ECU into thinking its doing things its not. Best you can hope for is worse fuel economy! :aww:

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is :D

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i aint looking to buy it or anything but i was just wondering if anybody thought it was any good!!!

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
Its a bit of a fraud in reality.. whilst there is truth in what they're saying, the claims are ambitous and they're missing out the negative aspects.

In some engines, maybe it would have an effect, but its certainly ont suitable for the k-series engine and would certainly void your warranty.

·
Registered
342 Posts
It's absolute rubbish.. 50p resistor from Maplin's as usual! Search ebay for the same thing and check out some of the seller's feedback - hilarious :D

·
LU HG
3,487 Posts
i think you put the 50p resistor into the heater senor link and so the ecu thinks the engine is cold and so sends richer fuel through. not sure though. i wouldn't trust it ever, my mate had a 'turbo chip' for his saxo and it just sent the temperature gauge and rev counter nuts.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
BUY THIS CHIP
YOUR CAR WILL LOOK LIKE THIS:-

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
My sister fiance had his Audi S3 chipped and for a while it went like a rocket, right up untl it went bang! Insurance only covered it cos he was able to restore the ECU to its proper state. I wouldnt touch anything that changes the management of the engine. MG Rover built the thing so it stands to reason that they know whats best for it.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
nac said:
MG Rover built the thing so it stands to reason that they know whats best for it.
:lol: =D>

·
Registered
556 Posts
nac said:
MG Rover built the thing so it stands to reason that they know whats best for it.
To a degree. They build it so that it will last 100k plus, be economical and quiet.

Tuners don't have these restraints, apart from the reliability. They can lose a few mpg and make it a bit loader and the average bod isn't going to mind.

This is where they can get their gains from.

But do stay away from bodges like this.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ive just beenon ebay and read the feedback for a lot of these people who are selling these chips and most of them have got nearly a hundred percent feedback. how do they get away with this? especially when some of the people are saying it worked a treat.
anyone on here honest enough to say they have tried it?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i know that but a lot of the buyers have got a lot of feedback themselves

·
Registered
342 Posts
this is because most of the feedback from these guys comes from before it is tried on the car... or before it's been on the car long enough to cause any problems, ie stuck it in and razzed around the block for 5 mins.

These guys should just be banned from selling this crap

1 - 16 of 16 Posts