MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right i think the standard 105 brakes are shit!and want some better ones but not mega expensive,im not really clued up but dont the calipers do most of the stoping for example just wacking some grovved discs on wont make it much difference (correct me if im wrong)

so i want to know what i need really to make my brakes good.
sorry if i sound like a dumb t**t :mrgreen:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Just upgrade to the vented setup of the same size.

You will need the calipers, carriers, disks and pads from a car with ventilated setups.

ZR120, diesels etc.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
go for the x drilled /grooved blackdimond discs and ebc greenstuff pads...got them on mine and are tons better,no fade.....
otherwise you will have to go for the vented discs and matching calipars.of the 160,115 tdi.as the 101 is on solids.
pm steve b.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I've got the vented larger discs from the zr160/zs180 on my 105. stops it a treat. I'm now waiting to improve it further with green stuff pads and after market discs! Easy to fit, bolts straight in. You need discs, pads, calipers and carriers!

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Yeah you have a few options.

1: Fit aftermarket grooved discs and higher temp pads.

2: Fit vented calipers & discs from a 200 that had the 262mm vented discs fitted as standard.

3: Fit the ZR160/ZS180 caliper and discs.

The cheapest option will be number 1, and option 2 is another reasonable priced upgrade. The 105 doesn't really warrant the 160 discs and calipers, and you will pay big money for the calipers. Also aftermarket disc options for the 160 brakes is very limited.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts