·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 120 zr

thinking full throttle bodys
race cams
and real good remap

costing about 1k would i be looking at about 160-165 bhp ??

·
2.0 GT T-bar :D
3,305 Posts
Id say more than that. Throttle bodies arent cheap are they? I know blunty is getting them but cant recall the price.. im just blabbing lol

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeh i no they add like 40bhp with decent remap and they are £500 just for them

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
dont want to burst your bubble mate however the standard ECU will not be able to provide the adequate mapping for the throttle bodies.

kent quote 22 bhp from their standard cams, and youd be looking at about 10 bhp or so with a full janspeed exhaust setup and decent intake.

so to be honest with race cams, decent intake and exhaust, throttle bodies and ecu, id say you would be looking at 170+ HOWEVER it is highly unlikely that it would last very long on standard internals, as you would have to rev the car seriously hard to make those kind of figures.

in short, power can be had, but not for 1000 quid :)

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dont want to burst your bubble mate however the standard ECU will not be able to provide the adequate mapping for the throttle bodies.

kent quote 22 bhp from their standard cams, and youd be looking at about 10 bhp or so with a full janspeed exhaust setup and decent intake.

so to be honest with race cams, decent intake and exhaust, throttle bodies and ecu, id say you would be looking at 170+ HOWEVER it is highly unlikely that it would last very long on standard internals, as you would have to rev the car seriously hard to make those kind of figures.

in short, power can be had, but not for 1000 quid :)
when i said ecu i ment my bro buy and sells and make MEGASQUIRT ecu incar computer so it would run on one of them pal

·
Banned
1,654 Posts
go to a builders merchants and buy a brick, attach it to the bottom of your right shoe!! cheap and akes you go fast! lol

also gives you a quality ''gangsta limp'' when you're not in the car!!

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
go to a builders merchants and buy a brick, attach it to the bottom of your right shoe!! cheap and akes you go fast! lol

also gives you a quality ''gangsta limp'' when you're not in the car!!
LOL
look at mee <<< would i look good with a gangster walk i mean come on

·
Banned
1,654 Posts
LOL
look at mee <<< would i look good with a gangster walk i mean come on
well.... one of the krays was gay wasn't he? lol :joker:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
i really dont understand threads like this...

WHY buy a 120 when you want more power?! If you want 160bhp then just buy the fricking 160! Its a lot cheaper and will probably be cheaper with insurance rather than declaring the mods.

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

WHY buy a 120 when you want more power?! If you want 160bhp then just buy the fricking 160! Its a lot cheaper and will probably be cheaper with insurance rather than declaring the mods.
its more fun to tune an engine though

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
i agree, also, when i bought my 120 i couldnt afford the insurance for a 160, and to be honest i wanted an engine with more low down pull, not one where i had to rev the knackers off it to get it to move.

then when i could afford the extra insurance i started to mess with the 120 setup. :p

·
VTEC addict
1,674 Posts
120's rule lol !

·
Registered
1,287 Posts

+1

·
mg zr rally car
2,076 Posts
alex...you couldnt handle a 105. so i doubt youll be able to handle that. throttle bodies and a manifold and porting is gunan cost you over 1k alone then stand alone managemnt, and then cams and then dyno time

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
i wouldnt bother modding the engine as ive told you before lol.

the 120 is nicer than the 160 in that it makes more power lower down so in gear times it is faster to accelerate than the 160. also it is FAR cheaper to insure!!

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
alex...you couldnt handle a 105. so i doubt youll be able to handle that. throttle bodies and a manifold and porting is gunan cost you over 1k alone then stand alone managemnt, and then cams and then dyno time
omg mate shut up

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i wouldnt bother modding the engine as ive told you before lol.

the 120 is nicer than the 160 in that it makes more power lower down so in gear times it is faster to accelerate than the 160. also it is FAR cheaper to insure!!
i know what you mean mate but once ive got collies oon and wheels then tints what am i going to spend my money on lol

1 - 20 of 74 Posts