MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for a n00b i have a set of dumbells and a pull up bar .. what should i do to build ab's and arms no weight loose

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get a bench. Get one from argos there fairly cheap now for a york one with a full set including lat pull downs, legs and other stuff

Then you can use the bar for chest press etc. Also shoulder press. I have a bench just need to start using it!
ahh is that a lot better than just bicep curls or what ever u call thm

·
Registered
7,853 Posts

·
Banned
1,654 Posts
you need to do different types of dumbell curls to work the different heads of the bicep. also the tricep makes up 2/3's of your arm size so working them hard reaps rewards. also invest in an e-z bar and barbell - i'm guess in you are not gointo be liftin huge weights just yet so argos do a decent cheap range of light weights.

If you want PM me and I can send you a beginners workout through. it will be for your whole body though because proportion is key!

Project Alex is GO GO GO!!

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they looks sweet for whn i have the cash lol

·
Banned
1,654 Posts
:boxing: + :strong: + :dumbells: = :pimp:

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you need to do different types of dumbell curls to work the different heads of the bicep. also the tricep makes up 2/3's of your arm size so working them hard reaps rewards. also invest in an e-z bar and barbell - i'm guess in you are not gointo be liftin huge weights just yet so argos do a decent cheap range of light weights.

If you want PM me and I can send you a beginners workout through. it will be for your whole body though because proportion is key!

Project Alex is GO GO GO!!
yeh mate please send hehe i dont knwow hat that other stuff is but i just have like 2 hand bars and one long both arm bars like ... with loadsa weights

·
Banned
12,009 Posts
anyone got tips to tone up a stomach? i wanna get mine toned and flat, and what type of foods do i need to eat?

i eat fruit and veg, i dont eat chocolate i have crisps now and again, i eat pasta (carbs)
ive done exercise dvd's and it worked for a while but since i started work i dont have the time to carry it on or get to a gym, so my tummy has gone pear shaped again lol

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anyone got tips to tone up a stomach? i wanna get mine toned and flat, and what type of foods do i need to eat?

i eat fruit and veg, i dont eat chocolate i have crisps now and again, i eat pasta (carbs)
ive done exercise dvd's and it worked for a while but since i started work i dont have the time to carry it on or get to a gym, so my tummy has gone pear shaped again lol
lol seen as i spammed you ill let you spam me :D:trampoli:

·
Banned
12,009 Posts
well in the dvd i was doing it was doing crunches, sit ups, basically bums n tums. and i kept my stomach locked everytime i did it, but now its gone awol again

·
Banned
1,654 Posts
squats are best for stomachs, to start..get a chair and sit on it and stand up 20 times without using your hands on your legs or anything. works your major muscle groups and core strength.

also the plank.. lie on your front then assume the press-up position but with your forearms on the floor. hold your stomach in for 30 secs. as you progress hold it in for up to 60 secs. this sounds easy but is a killer.

reverse crunches are good too. lie on your back and lift your knees to your chest. should feel your bum come of the ground a bit.

finally when doin normal sit-ups do not use your hands behind your head cross them in front of your chest..a hand on each opposite shoulder. suck your stomah in as you crunch and it will bring in the obliques too.

you need to do cardio too...walkin, runnin, cyclin, swimmin whichever takes your fancy

·
Banned
12,009 Posts
well the plank was involved aswell gray, and that fooking hurt the first time i did it.

as for walking, most my day involves walking especially now its nice weather i dont mind walking.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts