MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Now on XPowers!
5,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a few of you are gym obssesed weirdo's so thought it was worth an ask. I wanna try get back into a routine with my dumbells. Only problem I found before was that if I did a workout more than a couple of times a week my wrist would really hurt afterwards and I'd need a couple of weeks free afterwards meaning it was pretty much pointless!

Broke both the bones in my left wrist a few years a go, one popped out of the skin and needed a plate putting in. Its hard to describe the pain after working out, but it definatley doesn't feel good!

So was loking to buy a support of some sort. A quick look found this: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...3/3|cat_9555649|Athletic+supports|9555670.htm

Anyone else recommend any products?

·
Banned
1,654 Posts
to be honest mate I wouldn't bother with the wrist supports, by some grip strengthers or forearm workers, as these will mobilise the wrist without the pressure of the dumbbells. This should help strengthen your wrists, then you could progress back to dumbells

·
Registered
93 Posts
just get those from argos ^
theyre not perfect but make a difference.

or is you have some of those wrist supports from a physio (with the steel bars in) wear those, i used to and it helped. dont wear them for too long though otherwise your wrists will weaken, forcing you to be mincing about like dale winton.

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
i found when i first started lifting my wrists would ache a fair bit but now i have been for a while they dont as i guess they have strengthened to get used to it!

for you though with previous injuries etc it makes it a bit more tricky

·
Now on XPowers!
5,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah its not like an ache, it's very hard to explain the feeling.

I think I'm gonna get the argos ones, it's not like I'm doing a lot of lifting etc.

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
yeah probabally a good idea give it a bit of support, i guess just gradually build up doing weights which dont hurt and then hopefully after a while your wrists will have gotten strong enough to cope with enough weight to be able to work the rest of your arms/body/etc lol

·
Banned
1,654 Posts
might be worth having a word with a physio to see if you should be wearing a supports. sometimes it can be detrimental to wear supports.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts