MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sick puppy!
8,091 Posts
very interesting neil, was gonna get a chipped one and probably still get one but shame i wont e able to go online

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
mmmm not too convinced by this - if you xbox uses a mod chip that can be switched off then I can't see how it can be detected.

I have 2 xbox's - my son switched my modded xbox on to play burnout 3 but he didn't start the xbox with the right button to switch the chip off and mine was detected and banned. So I had to by a second box - this one isn't modded so that it can't happen again.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
as said above, if its turned off they dont see it, its only if its on they do, besides will only take a few days for someone to fiqrure a way around it

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
in most of them, (PS2 anyway) you hold down a key when you boot and it powers it down, i think some of the xboxs have a switch on the side of the box, least the ones ive seen have

·
892 Posts
Errrr....just use xbconnect or similar service instead of xbox live.....end of problem.

Anyone want more info about this, catch me on MSN.

The mod chips are easy to turn off. The ones i install are anyway. Just hold the power button for 2 seond. mod disabled.

Obviously when the chip is disabled, you cant play copied games tho.

But there is talk of them detecting the modchip, even when it is turned off

·
892 Posts
Mikey2k said:
On my xbox - if you power it on with the power button then the chip is on - if you turnit on using the eject button the it is off.
yup, there are different methods for different chips

1 - 10 of 10 Posts