MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have only recently bought my zr, and joined this site as well! so does anyone know whats not allowed to do in order to keep the warentee and is it so much of a big deal anyway to keep it? what are peoples thoughts on this, cheers guys :-k

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Best bet is to ask your dealer, ever dealer if different but most seem to be ok about mods!!

The way round it is to use x-power stuff but it will cost ya!!!

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
phone up your dealer and ask, warranty varies between dealer to dealer.

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
A warranty is not actually legally binding other than for the first year when you are covered by the consumer protection act. If it was called a guarantee then it would be binding, hence the difference in terminaolory.

If you read the warranty in your book, you will see that it is very vague and what is and isnt covered is down to personal interpretation by the dealer concerned. Technically if you have any recriminations then you should actually refer back to the delaer that supplied you the car. How you are supposed to do that should you buy priveatly or move house beats me, but thats what the office of fair trading has advised me when I had reason to dispute with a dealer over work I thought was covered by warranty.

Best bet is to make a tentative inquirey to your dealer and see what they do and dont consider will compromise the warranty

·
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers guys most appreciated, =D> but i think the modding bug has struck and i have gone down the x power line at the moment any way, but hopefully my car will look amazing so thats all that really matters i suppose!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Still check with your dealer as they do not have to honour the warranty even if you use Xpower parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts