MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really braking hard, but down from about 100 (private track of course) had real bad vibration through steering, guessing at warped discs ??

Is going in for service soon so I'm not too bothered, just wondered if anyone else has had this experience.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah, had it recently. Pads were knackered, they ain't covered by warrenty. I'm getting Drilled and grooved discs with green stuff pads fitted on NOV 6!

·
989 Posts
My brakes worked fine but i noticed the pads were getting low ...

I changed them and now i get the same fuckin thing ..

brake judder or sum white like that, and eye it means u need new disks.

How safe is it driving with disks like this tho ??

cos i cant be arsed to spend the cash to get it sorted lol

·
455 Posts
sounds like the disks.... and its deffo from thebrakes? not when your driving normally?

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Might be brake fade rather than warped discs.

Can you feel the pedal pumping at all under your foot even at relatively normal braking? If so (and assuming you dont have ABS) then it probably is warped discs. Get the run out checked first though before getting a new set. If you dont feel any judder/pumping then it is more likely brake fade.

My 214Si and my 105 both suffered terribly with it even from some quite modest speeds. The EBC turbogroove and greenstuff pads have gone a HUGE way to eliminbating that problem.
£130 for a set of front discs and pads.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
under normal breaking it seems fine (never done it).......just coming down from 70mph or more........the pedal almost feels like abs is pumping away (but not got that!) but the shaking goes thru stearing wheel too!

·
989 Posts
mine does that since i had the pads changed im sure its called brake judder or summit.

my pedal doesnt feel as if its shaking tho its just the steering wheel, but the more i press on the brake the less it shakes ..

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
This happened to me last year and it was coz me tyres were nearly bald!! Got some new ones and it was fine!! Worth a look?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts