MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm...been thinking lately about what i fancy to go with my Pioneers HU and CD changer!

Jonnaz is gettin all this Audiobahn stuff ££££££ which is ok for his wallet but not mine...

At the mo im looking at a few things...

I would like some opinions and feedback?
Remember though that money aint in surplus and the YELLOW cones on the Pioneer gear is really essential!!! :wink:

And ive had a test of the VIBE sub thru an Audiobahn amp - which was class!

Sub and Amp

VIBE Space 12" sub
http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+manufacturers_id+50+products_id+2483

VIBE Monoblock amp
http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+manufacturers_id+50+products_id+2519

And for the rear shelf...

Pioneer 20cm 3-ways in YELLOW!
http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+products_id+2448

And for the front...either components or 3-ways

Pioneer 17cm 3-ways
http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+products_id+2502

Pioneer 17cm components
http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+manufacturers_id+1+products_id+2497

To begin with only the sub will have an amp but later the others will be using an decent amp!

What do yous think..in your 'professional' opinion?

Thanks! :D

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Im shocked....im in a state of shock-ness (heh heh).....does nobody wanna help a poor geordie muppet?

C'mon man!!!

I need some help cos i aint gonna buy this shit if its not worth the bar!

Pretty please with a cherry on top...

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive never been to halfrauds or motor world....im not that fuckin stupid.....howay ppl!!!...give GIL some credit.....

What ive heard and read....is that the NEW 'E-Motion' Pioneer stuff is really good quality but affordable...plus being yellow!!! and that VIBE subs and amps arent TOO expensive but very nice quality and bass!!!

......tch...Halfords...like i would....i wouldnd even go there for an air freshner!!!

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

p.s. Bloody took some time to get some replies to this thread......jesus!!! :-^

Anything else that might help....other than who NOT to goto...even though i already know!......its the actual gear i would like opinions of...just to back up what i think...at present.....and what other ppl who may have this gear....and have first had experience of....like Vic!

Cheers.....now get postin! :grin:

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Mines only the 10"sub with combined amp but its great!! Had someone at Southend(1st meet-can't remember who) compare it to their 2 12"'s(can't remember what make, sorry) and say mine was far better, AND louder!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Vibe is ok but the kind of money you are gonna spend, you could get something alot better. Just have a look around first. Vibe is more entry level audio equipment

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So what would you recomend...in terms of 'better for the money'?

keep in mind that im only gonna pay about £300 for the enclosed 12" VIBE 'Space' sub and about £350 for the Mono amp!!!

Ive been lookin around but i wanna stay away from the likes of Pioneer/Kenwood/Alpine/Sony subs and amps...

I want something a bit different...stylish....and IMO...the brushed metal VIBE mono 4 amp looks well smart...and powerful aparently!

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is more like it.....cheers!

Ill have a proper look and do some research on these bad boys...

That sub aint very 'sexy' though.....hmm!

·
Registered
32 Posts
sub ain't very sexy, but my friend this is ONE HELL OF A SUB FOR THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this one sub can outdo 8 average 12" subs!

·
1,626 Posts
RE Stuff =P~

Amazing for the money

Gil if you are looking to spend £650 on just sub and amp you can do a lot better than vibe!

How about a nice Diamond audio CM3 for about £180 and a mono genesis amp for £400 leaves you a nice bit of cash for a good box!

My sub was £250 but I am using it for SQ so only have a wee 350 rms going into it (It can handle 600!!)

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmm...i see.

I got your PM and checked out the Genesis mono amp....cheers!

Still undecided.....but to be honest....its still lookin good for the VIBE sub and amp.....

Ive been reading about the VIBE Monoblock 4 and for the money (about £350-£400) its one hell of an amp.....very powerful and good quality for the money!....plus i think it looks class....

Still savin so it'll be a few months before a decide!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts