MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i install a sub?

Ive got the wires connected to the headunit and the power cable is sorted aswell.

I havnt installed the fuse but it is all ran to the back of the car.

if it helps, sub is a DUB200 and the amp is Stealth AMP2.5

please help!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no. i dont know what to do after what has been done, my mate did upto now and i want to learn how to do it because he has gone away for 3 weeks lol

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what bits are the cables going to in the amp?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
ive grounded mine off at one of the three bolts holding the rear light in place.remember the scrap some paint off tho so it make a good connection

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
earthed. now what bits of cable go where on the amp?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
is a remote wire needed? if so, where do i solder it to?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmmm, i cant seem to find one. i have installed an on off button anyway so wont that remove the need for the remote wire thus solving the constant on problem?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so no i have connected the earth to the amp and the power cable to amp also. where do the two output cables go?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah i have that bit done. i just dont really know where to go to on the amp lol sorry if this sounds stupid to you all and i think its very obvious this is my first go haha!

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
ive grounded mine off at one of the three bolts holding the rear light in place.remember the scrap some paint off tho so it make a good connection
i did that but it was not a good point for the amp to come on lol. So i have now earthed it on some earth point further down if you pull the carpet back more there will be other earth leads on the right nahd side of the car and thats where i put my earth

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i have earthed mine to the back of the rear seat.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
i jus need to sort out my interference its doin my head but dont know where to start like.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts