MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys im after a couier job and they are asking me "Do you have a valid driver's license to drive a sprinter van" ! Is my full licence what they mean?? :mario: can you drive a van with your full licence?

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Usually courier companies require you to be over 25 for insurance purposes.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
You can only drive up to 3.5 ton sprinters so you should be fine as most couriers use these
Be aware you can get 4.6 and 5 ton sprinters (these have double rear wheels) you can't drive these

·
Dirty user
31,429 Posts
I know i can drive up to 7.5 ton...But not sure if it's changed tbh.

Have a look on the dvla site but as said insurance is generally a prob.

·
facebook.com/street modS
6,502 Posts
anything over 3.5 tonne requires a seperate licence now

So you will be fine with normal sprinter vans

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
got to be 25 for insurance via most of the companies

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
You can Revit4pot on those sprinters, they are beasts in 1st and 2nd gear!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
m dad runs his courior business with these there the long wheel base ones and they are fast so is the ivo....(sumit) daily lwb.

a love them me lol

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
thats the one mate !!!!!! now they are fast. i was driving one of them on the m6 and some chav cam past doing approx 80+ in his u guessed it chaved out corsa. so i thought i would play around see what the van could do and it took me by supprise it went like a rocket !!!!! blew the corsa away (obviouly dont take much) but woosh it was off

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
lol yeah def just been trying to find the spec but cant i think it was the 3.2ltr lwb turbo, i think

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
must of been a 3ltr

"166bhp generated by the Dailys 3.0-litre turbocharged common-rail injection diesel engine"

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
erm corner to fast and roll lol or drop it on avos !!! other than that it would be bloody fun !!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts