MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up my clay bar kit as so mny people on here say its good but how do i use it properly.

do i rinse the car then wash with soap rinse it off then clay the car then wash and rinse again then dry and polish.

please help people as i want my car to look as good as it can.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Clean the car using shampoo etc.
Mould the clay in your hand for a few minutes to warm it up and make it into a kinda disc shape.
Some people leave the car wet, but I always dry using a drying towell. Spray some detailing spray to lubricate the car and drag the clay over the car. You should notice that it has picked up ground in dirt from your paint work. Don't let the spray dry, wipe it off with a clean (personally i keep a seperate cloth for this task) microfiber cloth.

If the paintwork doesn't feel like glass and super super smooth repeat the above.

Have also read at the DW forums that you can clay your glass - but i haven't tried this :)

·
Sleeping
5,195 Posts
yeah just as explained there. i normally wash it then dry it. mold the clay so its plyable (if thats a word) then use the spray making sure its wet when using the clay. do panel at a time. will feel very smooth after

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
yeah just as explained there. i normally wash it then dry it. mold the clay so its plyable (if thats a word) then use the spray making sure its wet when using the clay. do panel at a time. will feel very smooth after

First time i did mine, i went over the whole car twice. Some of the lower parts of the car and both front wings were badly contaminated. Its amazing really, you think you have a clean car until you clay it :)

·
Premium Member
14,041 Posts
i wouldered weather you could clay your windows, i noticed my roof and bonnet was the worst, me and my dad was shocked how smooth it looked after just claying, used sh!t loadz of detailing spray though, still got 1 1/2 clar bars left

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok thanks for the help and when the weather stops rainging il be able to go and clean it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts