MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
VTEC addict
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my head gasket changed about 2 months ago but the car feels a bit slugish and idling slightly up and down. Engine also sounds noiser

I went for an inpection under the bonnet. I held down the thorttle lever about 1/4 of the to to see where i had funny noises coming from. Pushed it to about 1/3 of the way then sundenly notice that antifreeze in the colant tank was swishing around alot. Then wen i took my hand of the thortle lever fan came on. Looked a tad frothy too!

Has the gasket been fixed right or am i getting paranoid,

Help!!

·
Car gone. :(
2,120 Posts
Paranoid. As long as there is no mayo/oil in the coolant tank, your alright.

·
VTEC addict
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah no mayo, but should the coolant be doing that?

·
2,120 Posts
The coolnat moves around the engine, so when the throttle is pressed, more of the coolant moves around. I think as long as the levels in the tank are ok, you got not problems. If your not sure, just pop to the garage.

·
Banned
8,794 Posts
when you rev the engine, more coolent will be returned into the header tank at a faster rate than usual. Maybe why you got swirling. How was your temp guage looking while you were doing this?

·
2,120 Posts
Rabies?

·
VTEC addict
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
coolant hasent dropped and temp gauge is just below half.

I need to find out why my engine has become so noisey and slugish.

Engine flush?

·
Registered
892 Posts
After long runs if i turn the engine off and listen carefully i can hear all the collant rushing back into the header tank so think it couls jus be paranoia, check your spark plugs and coil pack maybe?

·
VTEC addict
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
is there a way to test coil packs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts