MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering putting under-body neons on my ZR, what would the situation be with regards to the warranty? Would it be void due to a non-mg rover approved part being fitted? Or would it be ok due to it being purely cosmetic, and not affecting the performance or running of the car?

Sorry im just not very clued up with these things lol :blink2:

·
455 Posts
Shouldnt effect the warrenty. I dont see how they could tell you it would either!

Mines been in a couple of times with me footwell lighting, and they've said nowt, under cars should be the same. Just remember to tell them you have them, incase they have to jack up the car for some reason!

Davey

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Just make sure u tell them that they're on coz they have to be careful as to what ramps they use so they don't smash em!! If you tell em then its their responsibility if they break em!! :mrgreen:

G

·
The only way they could somehow affect the warranty is down to the installation.

i.e

If you drill holes that then rust then the underbody/anti-rust warranty would be void.

If you were to slave into an electrical supply that then subsequently failed or continually ruptured fuses, then that could negate the warranty.

Warranties (other than the first year) are open to nterpretation by the dealer concerned so what is acceptable to one dealer may be unacceptable to another. According to the office of fair trading you should go in the first instance to your inital dealer for any warranty work as legally they are the only ones who should honour the warranty.

(Warranties are not legally binding, Guarantees are, hence the difference in legal terminology)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts