MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got hold of a set of 17 inch straights. Wheels only. Just wondering what the best tyres are to go for. Looking to pay around £80 quid a tyre or should i be looking to pay more??
Cheers

·
Registered
235 Posts
most zeds come with the michealen i think.. ours came with the contantel. which was very very gd! however we have just had the ferriles which they use on the new lambo's an the stick to the road like glue!!! il find out which contantels they were as they were very gd but not as gd as the ferrilis but they was alot cheeper i think!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Mine came with parrellis...but just changed them for bridgestone...had 2 new front ones....100 each fitted

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
dont really like the michelins, if you have the money go for conti's, best tyres i ever had. But they are more expensive, am gettin toyo's next after being recommended to me!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
got toyos on the other car and there glued to the road got hankook on the Zed and there good but personally i wouldent use them again

·
Registered
360 Posts
had toyos on my last car and am going for them on my new rims ...defo a quality tyre and aint all that pricey either to be honest

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I had the michy pilots as standard.got 25k out of them but the handling was crap...
got 215/40/17 avon zz3s on now and think they are tons better and only £70 each.......

·
Registered
235 Posts
yea would reconmend the contis, but as it goes it depends on the type of car,my dad had the mitch's on his old 3.0 cdx omega ad the were great, had the same 1s on the r32 golf an they shit! so depends reali doesnt it!

·
Registered
142 Posts
kumho are good as a random alternative, cheap to in comparison to michelin, they're used in formula nippon in japan and a couple other racing formulas, so they cant be to bad!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I had Dunlop Sport 9000 on my 16" hairpins and Conti's now I have gone to 17" s.
Deffo preferred the Dunlops. If you want a decent tyre at a very good price, try Maxxis.

I just priced some up at a place in Matlock and they were about 55 quid a corner for V rated Maxxis.

My MD has them on his Quattro and they are excellent.

I actually work for a subsiduary of Maxxis International, but over on the m/cycle side, so i don't have access to the car stuff.

Maxxis are the 9th biggest tyre producer in the world, so they must be doin' it right I guess.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
80 quid, not much to choose gfrom there, ive got khomos, and i would avoid then at all cost, like ice in the rain, aquaplanes really easyilly, getting a change after janspeed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts