MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my tyres on my zed now for about 8k.and ive noticed the inside of the tread is wearing down more than the rest.this meaning the wheels are toeing out a bit too much...........does anyone know what the amount of toe out it should be...?and has anyone else had this........

·
Registered
890 Posts
Toe out :eek: no wonder they're wearing on the inside shoulder,i have mine toe'd in to 1 degree 30' to supposedly compensate the lowering

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im geting it lowered next week....and got it booked it to get the tracking done.........ta

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just had my tracking done - yeah should be toeing in 1-30 as I recall. Mine was toeing OUT after the missus decided to do a U-turn in a road that wasn't wide enough :eek: :confused: Hit and mounted the kerb at 25 mpg. You can guess my reaction.

Get it adjusted soon as tyres are expensive and you can't afford to waste tread.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive found out that the wheel alignment is.....
front
camber angle -0.40' +- 45'
castor angle 2deg 12'
kpi 12deg24'
toe 0deg +- 15'

rear
camber -0.20'
toe in 16'

·
Registered
890 Posts
King-pin inclination, its the angle at which is sits, but the ZR's don't have a king pin. Also it isn't adjustable as well as the castor as its part of the suspension set up, unless you go for coil overs and adjustable top mounts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thanks Steve, I'll sleep soundly tonite now I know.

However my Kingpin us usually at an angle of 45 degrees :twisted: esp in the mornings :eek:oops:

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just had the tracking done and the pass wheel was 2 deg toe out and the dr wheel was o deg........this mking them both 1deg toe out when driving.....causing the insides to wear down.....
now they are at 0 deg........drives lots better......
and it was free......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts