·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i used a normal computer monitor cable with the same attachement on both ends but dont know whether its the same on those tele's
VGA - VGA?

·
Proud ZR 160 Mk1 Owner
620 Posts
New notebooks, well some at least come with HDMI ports now.. Advantage of that is sound and video is sent through the cable so there is no need to get an audio cable running from the computer to the TV as well as video lead.

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have my TV connected via, DVI (PC) to HDMI (TV), gives a very good picture, but i have connected my brothers TV to comp via straight forward VGA to VGA.
and can you tell the difference between the two?

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Popped to the shop down the road and got a vga - vga and everything is so huge !!

One last thing...

I need a decent sound card now with a optical out, so i can connect it to my home cinema surround sound. Any recommendations??

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
From what i've read up, the connection i have gives a better quality picture when watching High Def films from the comp, which is what I use the PC to TV connection for.
I dont download films anymore, and if i wanna watch one ill just use my PS3 :)

Thanks for your help.

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts
Right, you can get a DVI to HDMI cable, I have one for My samsung, connecting my PC to the TV, the advantages of this are that the screen will run at the highest possible refresh rate and size, not the 1390xwhatever you get with a VGA cable.

Also HD content will actually look HD, instead of like it was on a pc monitor, and make sure you stay well clear of S-vid, its wank..

Do you have a HD graphics card

i got one of these...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5M-HDMI-to-DV...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I dont have a HD graphics card unfortunatly.

This is similar to my sound card, what is the big connection on the end nearest to us? And is there anyway i can use that to connect the pc to the tv/dvd player so i can get surround sound from my home theatre?

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts
Right unfortunately that is a Firewire port, not a hdmi port, so is useless, unless you want surround sound like you say, but again you'll be hard pressed as firewire never really took off.... lol... your sound card cant produce video.

You can get a jack to phono cable, and connect your sound card to your TV, then if your PC gfx card has a DvI port and a vga, connect the pc monitor to the vga and the TV to the DVI and extend the desktop onto the TV, and then you can play vids on the tv, and run the sound to your home cinema..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.