MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Anything is possible if you have the cash ;)

T-16 turbo would prob be cheaper tho............

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
buy a Rover 220 coupe and you have all the parts on the coop to do the conversion then send the cars upto AA Autosport and they will begin the conversion cost should be about 3k at most. YoungY, jambon13, hoax have done this.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Search> "Turbo Conversion"

Several topics on it + look at AAautosport section for a fixed price quote.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright thanks mate, where is aa autosport?

is 3k including the cost of buying the 220 aswell?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Turbo/Supercharing the 160

Talon have developed a supercharger kit for the VVC (in conjunction with Turbo Technics) but prime market must be the Elise boys, so expect it not to be cheap. Pretty sure last time I looked on their site they had a 200Vi VVC up and running with a supercharger

Alternatively Reyland motorsport do an adaptor to run a VW/Audi turbo lump on your PG1 box, or they do the whole conversion I believe. They had their demo car at the Rally Car day at Castle Combe last year and it was pretty impressive on the track. All looked pretty factory under the bonnet too.

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
alright thanks mate, where is aa autosport?

is 3k including the cost of buying the 220 aswell?
intelligent tuning also do the conversion, for I believe about a grand, but that doesnt include the additional work that AA would do, its just for the swap over, so it depends what u want. if your working on a very low budget you could just buy a full running donor car and do it yourself.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
My mate Jamie does the basic conversion for £500, with you supplying the parts obviously :)

·
sideshow bob
9,834 Posts
AAautosport is in bradford, west york****e.

ive been to turbotechnics in northampton... some nice stuff there.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
hi youngy, is your mate looking for any work at the moment?

whee abouts are you from?
Yeah, if your interested Jamie will take on the conversion. He has done 3 turbo conversions for himself, plus helped me out with my 3 engine swaps lol :D

Me and Jamie are from South West Scotland matey, prob about 3 hours from where you are :)

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Talon have developed a supercharger kit for the VVC (in conjunction with Turbo Technics) but prime market must be the Elise boys, so expect it not to be cheap. Pretty sure last time I looked on their site they had a 200Vi VVC up and running with a supercharger
The turbo technics kit last time I checked was £5500

·
Registered
659 Posts
Turbo

£500? Shame you are the other end of the country from me. I'd seriously think about having one done to save the dead engined R200 BRM I have.

Is there anyone near or in the West Country able to do this?

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
£500? Shame you are the other end of the country from me. I'd seriously think about having one done to save the dead engined R200 BRM I have.

Is there anyone near or in the West Country able to do this?
imo its worth travelling a bit for that price.

G

·
could leave it with the keys in the ignition in some dodge estate, now that would be funny init, watchin some K-nobend try an have off wih it ....lolol id laugh sooooooooo hard

1 - 18 of 18 Posts