MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2.0l td and got a contact at last to fit me a dump valve and chip which is claimed to take it fm 115 bhp to round 130+ ! Had a ride in fastest td n uk a 306 n its shit off a shovel !!! I wanna ave sum toys under my hood to kick even more ass out of the Golf GTI ! Any other oil burner owners with these mods out there with any advice on difference made etc ???????????????

·
Registered
9 Posts
i wonder if you can put a tuningbox on top of that chip to boost it further...
if you had a 115+ the chip should have given it 30% more power...about 35bhp more...

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
the 03/53 golfs are 150bhp and the 04/54 ones are 140 bhp.a mates got one ..and tbh they are tons faster than the tdi zeds.
you can get
bigger intercooler
big k&n cone filter
chip/ecu remap
turn boost up....
nos
otherwise theres not a lot without spending tons of £ to get big bhp out of them..also your mpg goes down....

·
1,443 Posts
JayMG said:
I got a 2.0l td and got a contact at last to fit me a dump valve and chip which is claimed to take it fm 115 bhp to round 130+ ! Had a ride in fastest td n uk a 306 n its shit off a shovel !!! I wanna ave sum toys under my hood to kick even more ass out of the Golf GTI ! Any other oil burner owners with these mods out there with any advice on difference made etc ???????????????
Can you speak without the text lingo please. :blink2: :blink2:

How do you know your mate has the fastest 306 in the UK....LOL

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Mitchy said:
JayMG said:

http://www.themgzr.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6996

Second one down :up:

·
Registered
180 Posts
JUST A WARNING :!:

if you chip your 115 td, would the gearbox be able to take that extra power? therefore bust the gearbox at some stage.

I am sure that the 115 gearbox is at its highest pulling force anyway @260Nm? but don't quote me on any of this, but I

am sure that I heard it from some where as I was thinking of puting a Chip my 115td.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Jib 21 said:
Mitchy said:
JayMG said:

http://www.themgzr.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6996

Second one down :up:
i rule jibbles :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
mustang351 said:
the 03/53 golfs are 150bhp and the 04/54 ones are 140 bhp.a mates got one ..and tbh they are tons faster than the tdi zeds.
you can get
bigger intercooler
big k&n cone filter
chip/ecu remap
turn boost up....
nos
otherwise theres not a lot without spending tons of £ to get big bhp out of them..also your mpg goes down....
he cud b racin the mk 4 2.0 8v, (silver GTI badge apposed to 1.8T which has a silver GT n a red 'I') which is only 115 bhp n bout 9.5 secs to 60! in the Mk 4 turbo's they did a 1.8T 150bhp n a 180bhp :)

·
989 Posts
Reet If i was you I would go all out on a nitrous kit...

Diesel engines are built a lot stronger than petrol ones therefor you wont need to uprate any parts when adding nos. its a quick cheap and effective way of adding some horses.

Up the boost and add nos ... mebbies a decent induction kit and a decent zorst

cost a bit tho.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Can diesels accually take nos as there engine uses compression to cause the explosiuon in the cylinder rather then a spark plug

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Daniels2002 said:
mustang351 said:
you can get
bigger intercooler
big k&n cone filter
chip/ecu remap
turn boost up....
nos
he cud b racin the mk 4 2.0 8v, (silver GTI badge apposed to 1.8T which has a silver GT n a red 'I') which is only 115 bhp n bout 9.5 secs to 60! in the Mk 4 turbo's they did a 1.8T 150bhp n a 180bhp :)
the two he had were TDIs..not GTI s.
hes now selling the new one and gona buy an older on.he said the new ones are slower.....
DERVS can be run on nos ok...theres a bloke nr me running nos on his landrover 90.....its quick...

·
Registered
10 Posts
mustang351 said:
Daniels2002 said:
mustang351 said:
you can get
bigger intercooler
big k&n cone filter
chip/ecu remap
turn boost up....
nos
the two he had were TDIs..not GTI s.
hes now selling the new one and gona buy an older on.he said the new ones are slower.....
DERVS can be run on nos ok...theres a bloke nr me running nos on his landrover 90.....its quick...
teh golf tdi's are quick, very quick, especailly from 25+! i sin the the 130bhp keep with a 306 GTi6 from a rollin start, so the 150 must b very good :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mitchy said:
JayMG said:

As in Max Power, peugeot sports club, revs and pug gti club and various rollin road days ! List include water cooling, uprated and remapped ecu basically the list goes 3 pages long and about 4 1/2 grand spent in total under the bonnet ! Soz dnt understnd wivout txtin tlk mtch

·
Registered
659 Posts
Tuned TD

My nephew is a NOS fitting engineer, he told me it can be fitted to a diesel but is more expensive and trickier to fit - bearing in mind how diesel engines burn fuel and produce their power in a totally different way to petrol etc.

I too have hear that 260Nm is about all the PG1 gearbox can take, hence the 115 (113) being the hottest L series. I have read recently that the 75s have a commone rail 135bhp L series coming along - interesting to know what gearbox that will be on, do they have a different gearbox to our old Honda hand-me-down?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nos works on diesels better than it works on petrol cars and it is generally easier to fit as you dont have to wory about leaning out the mixture or running rich.

With a little bit of work the PG1 box can take up to 500lb/ft of torque.

·
Registered
659 Posts
TD Gearing

Change of subject, but if you can modify a PG1 to take more torque, what about the poor gear ratios it's lumbered with (unchanged from the 220D and most likely the Maestro too come to that) which hamper acceleration. Considering they are geared specifically for economy the performance is pretty good, but can anything be done about that? (VVC ratios and rev the b******s off it!)

·
Registered
28 Posts
the gearbox ratios are most likely optimised for economy yes... but to optimise them for accleration would be far too costly to gain probably .02 of a second from a 0-60 sprint.

It is pyshically impossible to rev the diesel engine any more so having gear ratios similar to a nasp or petrol turbo car would be totally pointless.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a zr 115+ which is decatted, large cone k&n and a tuning box fitted and it is now putting out 145 and it is like shit off a shovel only problem now is keeping front tyres on it. With the box fitted Iam now able to leave my mate sitting and he has a Ford Focus Zetac 2L. :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts