MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This applies mainly to the peeps that have done this, all in how much roughly does it come to? and did you get a warranty with the engine if you have had it rebuilt? cheers :D

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
Yeah, but RSM are the only trader I know to be banned from 2 web forums for mal practice and come under heavy fire on a 3rd.

I am not saying that there is a just cause for this, but smoke and fire spring to mind!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Wot about a super charger kit for your own motor anyone doing that, far better less lag and retain your own service history, there was a note in a mag the other month (try and find it latter ) about a company doing a turbo that was spun up by a compressed air tank in the boot was suposed to be cheep and quite afective, all you need to do is flick a switch and the turbo spun up to give you boost , bit like nitrous but with less damage and cheep to fill up,

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Agreed Zoom, I know some on here who has some supercharging info ;-)

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
It might be worth talking to PowerTrain Projects as well... they do plenty of work for the 1.8i - some of that work may be applicable to the other engines too.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im not turbo'ing the 1.4 was looking at a tomcat 2ltr job. :D

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Monkey Magic said:
I dont understand why you looked into it shifty when your running a skyline lol

must have been before you got the beast ...
it was accually i was looking at a few things supercharging and a Civic type R transplant not borthering now tho

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Would the 160psi turbo kseries fit in? i think its fitted to the Zt? or is it too big?

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GT said:
The 1.8T should fit, yes!

Not sure why you would want that over the VVC though?
Turbo. :up:

1 - 20 of 89 Posts