MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any 1 in here put a turo on there zr? would love to find out more info, really wanna turbo charge my zr 105, any 1 no any good places in london surrey area and priceing?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
the 1.4 engine wont hold up to a turbo without a big overaull your looking for about 3-4g to get it done a invalid engine warrenty and a hike on your insurance and you will need to uprate the front brakes

TBH save your money and get a 120 or a 160

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
160 aint powerfull enough lol, jokes

i just want a turbo to be differant. would be cool to pull up at lights next to a 160 or 120 and blow them away, they will be like.. shitt turbo charged when they hear my dump valve he he,

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
go for the T16 lump out of the 220 coupé they drop in but you would need the gearbox and clutch aswell so you looking at buying a donor car

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
a donor car is a 220 coupé the car its self which is going to DONATE its engine so your looking at again 5 6 grand cause the engine would proberly need reconditioned

·
Registered
39 Posts
Depending on how much u want to pay u cud go for the 2.0l T series engine, a bit older and heavier engine, give out 200 standard but a gud ground to build on, Gud examples like Ed's 450bhp bubble turbo.

Or u cud go for the new 1.8 K Series engine that RSM have jst started doin conversion wiht that pushes out between 215-230bhp then u cud add NOS too. to bout 270bhp.

I used George at RSM to do my bubble turbo conversion and very happy wiht it, cant get the smile off my face :wohow: , ppl jst dont expect it, espically ppl in there Zr's :p

Sie :up:

·
Registered
298 Posts
same sie!

People in their 160's think they are the king of the road! :hiding:

Then i see them gettin smaller in my rear view mirror!

A mate of mine did my turbo conversion, all in it cost me just under £1500 which is a very good price!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I knw he has never done a kv6!

Dont think hes really interested in doing them for people, just did mine as a favour at a very low price!
My donor car cost me £900 and i had to pay to have exhaust joined up and new driveshafts.
So you work out how much he charged me!
I suppose if you are really serious i may be able to twist his arm for ya. he would ask for a donor car though.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Well I have a 214 at the moment so the breaks and suspension would have to be done first. I have spoken to Dreadnaut, RSM and Motobuild and the price didn't scare me it was how long they said it would take to do it between 6 to 10 months. I'm pretty good with my hands and could do pretty much most of the work myself. The only thing that worries me is would I get it right and how would i tune it for best performance.

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
blaps_los said:
has any 1 in here put a turo on there zr? would love to find out more info, really wanna turbo charge my zr 105, any 1 no any good places in london surrey area and priceing?

Stop dreming muppet!!! :sorry:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts