MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a Fusion package consisting of 12" sub and 2 ch amp and was wondering if anyone could help me with tuning the setup as im an amateur when it comes to ICE. How do i get the best sound/bass from this sub/amp with regards to tuning cos i aint got a clue and the instructions are pants!

The amp has these controls:

Bass boost 0db+18db
sub sonic 20hz-55hz
level 8v-0.3v
LP 40hz-160hz
HP 40hz-600hz
X-over selector

Is it just a case of tweekin the controls until i get tha sound that i like or wot? i jus dont wanna damage anything if i start messin around thats all!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Hi m8,

I have the same system as you and it is brilliant, it can take pretty much anything you throw at it. I would tweak the settings on the amp untill you get a happy medium, and then adjust your head unit to get the best results. I brought a new pioneer head unit when I got my system and this allows you to tweak alot of settings on the sub.

·
1,626 Posts
Set the crossover to low pass and put the sub sonic to about 34hz don't want the sub playing stuff you can't hear

Put the amp at its lowest setting then turn up your head unit till it distorts, turn it back a couple of notches then turn the amp up till it distorts then turn it back a wee tad this should give you a good range of volume and match your fronts to the sub

also play about with the positioning

it is all about how it sounds to you tbh

·
Sick puppy!
8,091 Posts
i have never touched mine and it sound sweet the guy at halfords hooked me up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts