MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 More day to go till i get my tuning box fitted to my oil burner. Bye Bye 115 hello 145ps and as for the torque it will be through the roof. :bash: :bash: :bash:

·
Registered
393 Posts
ya, whats it doin in this section lol
Loads more power with a tuning box! although i must warn you your car will smoke quite a bit with it on!
didn't know they did a tuning box for the 115TD, i heard that the ECU would cause problems with it or somethin? That not true?

·
Registered
8 Posts
DaveZRTD said:
ya, whats it doin in this section lol
Loads more power with a tuning box! although i must warn you your car will smoke quite a bit with it on!
didn't know they did a tuning box for the 115TD, i heard that the ECU would cause problems with it or somethin? That not true?
Well the 115TD engine is exactly the same as the lower power variant, its juts a more aggressive ECU map. Add the tuningbox to the equation, and it should just equate to a yet more aggressive map, however I doubt that the 30% increase would be applicable to the 115's, as mapping will only get you to around 145bhp on its own even with airflow inprovements in induction and exhuast.

As for problems with te 115TD, not heard of any myself, but if there is only one box, designed for the lower power TD, then the box might throw a hissy with the 115 map perhaps.

Let us know how it goes though - after a remap they go like stink ;)

·
Registered
659 Posts
TD115 tuning box

The only problem I've heard of with the 115TD is I'm pretty certain I read somewhere there is a limiter within the ECU so the engine doesn't exceed 260Nm torque? that being the case a tuning box wouldn't work, maybe over ruled/ignored by the ECU if it exceeded the allowed torque?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Re: TD115 tuning box

TrophyBlue said:
The only problem I've heard of with the 115TD is I'm pretty certain I read somewhere there is a limiter within the ECU so the engine doesn't exceed 260Nm torque? that being the case a tuning box wouldn't work, maybe over ruled/ignored by the ECU if it exceeded the allowed torque?
Ya thats right, i couldnt rerember what id heard, but thats it. if it is limited to 260Nm then the tuning box would be in-effective on a 115 in terms of torque. :wallb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts