MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone out there experienced any problems with their zed tramming (i.e. following the road contours on its own without any steering)

i have 35mm avo springs and 18's and sometimes when im driving at reasonable speed the car wants to pull the steering wheel out mi hands and also i get quite a severe pulling to one side when i brake even more so that before!

?????????????????

could it be that i need the alignment and tracking doing properly since the springs and 18's were fitted?????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
890 Posts
did you have the car tracked after the 18's and lowering? Problem with modern cars now-a-days is that they have a tendancy to follow the countours of the road badly. I know my dads Z3 does it loads and it pee's me off when driving it.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Mine follows the countours of the road, it depends on the road surface to how much but I just put up with it!

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
find its mainly because the road has been worn into a groove :(

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahhh wel thats good to know that its not just mine!

i dont mind it cos it did it a bit before but i guess the springs and 18's have just amplified it!

i still love driving as it puts you in touch with the road and you have to concentrate which is good!

suppose i might get it all alighed and tracked after ive had mi skirts fitted!

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
tbh adz, i've only just had my tracking done and its made no diff, altho, i spose its always worth making sure ur tracking in in!!

·
570 Posts
Can't tell with mine cos the steering's always been a little weird on my 160. i.e. won't steer back to straight after full lock, I have to turn it back myself.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I get it bad on mine as well.......thats why I dont use the slow lane on the motorways..........also its made worse running on 215/40s and lowered.......

·
Registered
82 Posts
Tram lining

Are you all running the 17"s? I have never experienced it with my ZR, which is a shame because it is the main reason I couldn't be prised out of my Rover 25 and into a ZR. My BRM suffered from it, although they use 16" wheels the tyres are only 45 profiles not 50s which seemed to exagerate it. The tram lining was the main reason I couldn't live with the BRM (also not so easy to cope with as it didn't have the nicely weighted steering of the ZR) My ZR did feel as if it wanted to go that way after I had the XPower springs fitted, but it seems to have calmed back down again after a month.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts