MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just a reminder that the December issue of totalMG is in the shops now, or you can buy online for no extra cost at www.totalmg.com.

And don't forget that forum members are entitled to a £5 discount on a subscription.

This is the issue with the ZR forum's rolling road shootout in it! :grin:

Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
134 Posts
yes i almost purchased it in smiths the other day but apart from yellow perils feature it looked a little empty this month!

looking well sweet by the way stuart i stood in smiths for at least 25 mins looking at the feature!

cover shot jumped out at me from a mile off! grabbed my attention even more than razzle on the top shelf!!!!!!!! (well just about)!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
25 minutes reading and you didn't buy it? Tuch! :wink:

adsz said:
yes i almost purchased it in smiths the other day but apart from yellow perils feature it looked a little empty this month!

looking well sweet by the way stuart i stood in smiths for at least 25 mins looking at the feature!

cover shot jumped out at me from a mile off! grabbed my attention even more than razzle on the top shelf!!!!!!!! (well just about)!

·
Registered
134 Posts
as i say it looked a bit boring this month and i only really looked at the Yellow peril feature!

i just do what every other person (mainly students) in WH Smiths and waterstones does!

·
Big Slicks agony uncle
1,885 Posts
I get mine ordered through my local newsagent. I avoid Smiths because I don't like what they are trying to do by cutting the amount of minority titles in their smaller shops, plus the newsagent is a personal friend of mine and it helps her business. :)

Ewan.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good thinking Ewan - support the little guy
smoggie said:
"smoggie"]I get mine ordered through my local newsagent. I avoid Smiths because I don't like what they are trying to do by cutting the amount of minority titles in their smaller shops, plus the newsagent is a personal friend of mine and it helps her business. :)

Ewan.
[-o<

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Phil Raby said:
Good thinking Ewan - support the little guy
smoggie said:
"smoggie"]I get mine ordered through my local newsagent. I avoid Smiths because I don't like what they are trying to do by cutting the amount of minority titles in their smaller shops, plus the newsagent is a personal friend of mine and it helps her business. :)

Ewan.
[-o<
or gal :wink:

·
Big Slicks agony uncle
1,885 Posts
Phil Raby said:
Good thinking Ewan - support the little guy [-o<
I usually support the underdog. Thats one of the reasons I`m a Boro fan. \:D/

Ewan.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I got fed up of endlessly chasin round the country trying to find a copy - so I ordered it at my newsagents. Much easier, I shudda done that in the 1st place I s'pose

I would like to have a quiet word with the muppet who test drove the new red ZR in the last issue though and slated the handling on the early Zeds.

Don't know what sort of Zed he must have driven previously, but I have to assume that it must have been involved in some horrendous accident and had bent steering or whatever, either that or the chimp can't drive.

Mine goes round corners like it is on rails and I suspect that everyone elses on here does the same.

Maybe he's watched too many episodes of Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear - he has his head up his arse as well..........................

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
DriveBy said:
I got fed up of endlessly chasin round the country trying to find a copy - so I ordered it at my newsagents. Much easier, I sudda done that in the 1st place.

I would like to have a quiet word with the muppet who test drove the new red ZR in the last issue though and slated the handling on the early Zeds.

Don't know what sort of Zed he must have driven previously, but I have to assume that it must have been involved in some horrendous accident and had bent steering or whatever, either that or the chimp can't drive.

Mine goes round corners like it is on rails and I suspect that everyone elses on here does the same.

Maybe he's watched too many episodes of Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear -he has his head up his arse as well..........................
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

·
Registered
82 Posts
Total MG Magazine

I'm a bit of a classic car person (though I really have never liked any MG products of the 1970s) Previously having had a couple of Dolomites, including a tuned Sprint I am starting to come around to the way of thinking of the people who stick K series in their Midgets etc and drive around in these older cars, those articles are very interesting and remind me of just how inward thinking and biased I've become. Shame though they've totally skipped the 'M' cars, I always had a soft spot for the Maestro Turbo after being comprehensively run into the ground in a GTE MK2 Astra by one some years ago. If nothing else the MG Metro makes a great Mini engine transplant! When MiniWorld magazine was launched 10 years or so ago it started a whole scene of shows etc , I wouldn't expect anything on that scale but maybe Total MG can get something at least of the ground.

Wish they'd stop harding on about ZS and ZTs though, I've so wanted a ZS180 since they came out and they might just persuade me yet

1 - 20 of 22 Posts