MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Drunken Monkey
7,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't afford to join a gym at the mo so are there any simple exercises i can do at home to tone up my tummy?? I do sit ups but want a bit more variety to get the same result (as i get bored easily) would also like to tone up my arms.. anyone got any good tips?? :D :strong:

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
yeah dont overdo situps for a start... youl end up with loads of muscle there that can make you look fatter if you dont lose the fat layer over the top (everyone has a layer there im not saying you are fat haha)

your best bet is going running, it tones up pretty much youre entire body especially legs and stomach, but also your arms (pretty much every muscle in your body is exercised as it stabalises you as you move)

if you need a running partner... ;) lol

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Andrea, you prob have the same prob as me wth running - black eyes!! Swimming is very good for you babe and doesn't cost hardly anything :)

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
black eyes? *giggles* a decent sports bra should sort that... but nothing wrong with a self concious girl going swimming... sure a few lads will see an opportunity to give your ego a boost :D

·
Drunken Monkey
7,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Andrea, you prob have the same prob as me wth running - black eyes!! Swimming is very good for you babe and doesn't cost hardly anything :)
yup same as you hun.. two sports bras dont even hold these babies down lol...could get back into swimming i suppose :D

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
black eyes? *giggles* a decent sports bra should sort that... but nothing wrong with a self concious girl going swimming... sure a few lads will see an opportunity to give your ego a boost :D
The "good" sports bras i have are good for climbing at work and cycling etc but running? Not a cats chance in hell :D

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
Diet does not tone you!!
yes it does... well visually it makes you look toned... the only thing stopping muscle definition etc giving the look of a toned body is excess bodyfat.

you could have loads of muscle underneath, but too much bodyfat will cover it all up and you will not look at all toned.

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
yes it does... well visually it makes you look toned... the only thing stopping muscle definition etc giving the look of a toned body is excess bodyfat.
But not everyone wants to look like "your dream guy". Andrea has already lost some weight and obviously just wants to tone her tummy!! Diet will not do that when shes already at the weight she wants!!

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
thats true to a point, every guy has a potential 6pac hiding under a layer of fat, and doing just situps wont bring it out but losing the fat will... but saying diet to a girl is DANGEROUS mate lol. girls think a diet means starving themself thin then going back to eating normally and suddenly wondering why theyve put all the weight back on

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
thats true to a point, every guy has a potential 6pac hiding under a layer of fat, and doing just situps wont bring it out but losing the fat will... but saying diet to a girl is DANGEROUS mate lol. girls think a diet means starving themself thin then going back to eating normally and suddenly wondering why theyve put all the weight back on
"Some" girls ;)

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
lol im just sayin if you wanna have a toned body you need to have fairly low levels of bodyfat lol

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
lol im just sayin if you wanna have a toned body you need to have fairly low levels of bodyfat lol
Your kind of toned is different to a "normal" toned. Correct me if i'm wrong Andrea but i'm assuming you're talking flatter tummy not full body builder 6 pack?!

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
i am saying what would need to be done to acheive that flatter tummy, if you are already losing weight on a good diet then excellent job, keep on at it and you should get where you want to be before you know it!

with regards to actual excercises to acheive this there isnt much that needs to be done, i rarely even train abs and when i do its only a quick ab circuit sort of thing - so a few quick excercises done at the end of a workout. i think you will generally find this is the approach the majority of natural bodybuilders will tend to take as abs are more down to genetics and bodyfat - though general lifting will see them gain seperation and definition as they are worked in some full body excercises.

for someone with your goals though, my best advice would be doing a bit of cardio once or twice a week - which would do you good health wise - and it certainly makes you feel better mentally - though the most important thing is just to stay committed to your diet and keep on at it with regards to acheiving the flat tum etc.

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
i am saying what would need to be done to acheive that flatter tummy, if you are already losing weight on a good diet then excellent job, keep on at it and you should get where you want to be before you know it!

with regards to actual excercises to acheive this there isnt much that needs to be done, i rarely even train abs and when i do its only a quick ab circuit sort of thing - so a few quick excercises done at the end of a workout. i think you will generally find this is the approach the majority of natural bodybuilders will tend to take as abs are more down to genetics and bodyfat - though general lifting will see them gain seperation and definition as they are worked in some full body excercises.

for someone with your goals though, my best advice would be doing a bit of cardio once or twice a week - which would do you good health wise - and it certainly makes you feel better mentally - though the most important thing is just to stay committed to your diet and keep on at it with regards to acheiving the flat tum etc.

Far better post than your original one :p

1 - 20 of 41 Posts