MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 160 back in April 06, loved it's power, ride and handling. One thing i missed though was the 'reliability factor' Too much worry about HGF and the like made me not want to boot it, the whole point of the motor was lost for me. Anyway, finally got rid of it for a new astra, aaaaaaaahhhhh, the relief, welcome to sanity at last!!!!!!!!

Time to join the Astra-Sport and Astra owners Network i guess!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
did the head gasket ever go though?
i can't be arsed to worry about my 160 going...
I look after it as well as possible, if it goes... it goes!

hope you enjoy the new motor anyway!
i can't see the fascination with the new astra, looks a bit business-y to me.
but each to their own!
have fun with it fella!

·
Dirty user
31,429 Posts
Got my 160 back in April 06, loved it's power, ride and handling. One thing i missed though was the 'reliability factor' Too much worry about HGF and the like made me not want to boot it, the whole point of the motor was lost for me. Anyway, finally got rid of it for a new astra, aaaaaaaahhhhh, the relief, welcome to sanity at last!!!!!!!!

Time to join the Astra-Sport and Astra owners Network i guess!!!!!!
Ok

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
The way I looked at it, if the HG went its basically expected maintenance. At £400ish its basically a big service. Its not the end of the world. I never drove mine expecting it to go. In the 3 years I had my ZR it never actually let me down. I was never stranded, even when the hg went I drove it gently untill I got it fixed.

·
Dirty user
31,429 Posts
The way I looked at it, if the HG went its basically expected maintenance. At £400ish its basically a big service. Its not the end of the world. I never drove mine expecting it to go. In the 3 years I had my nova it never actually let me down. I was never stranded, even when the hg went I drove it gently untill I got it fixed.
+1 :D

·
OEM +
19,034 Posts
i hope youve chosen the astra model wisely as even with my 1.4 whe i drove my ex girlfriends 1.6 sxi i found them to be very heavy and sluggish compared to mine.
so i hope youve gone for somethign decent like the 1.8 SRI or VXR

1 - 16 of 16 Posts