MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this earlier on in another thread ..thought it would be useful to make it a thread of it's own ....................................

It's all too easy when we're sat in our own comfortable surroundings to Flame someone for something they've posted ....perhaps we should ask ourselves ..."Would I really be saying that if that person was standing here in front of me?"......

If that thought popped into our heads for 2 secs before we hit the "Submit" button ....99% of the arguements we had on the last forum prehaps would'nt have happened at all !!!!

If any of you have a problem with ANYTHING that's bin posted then PM one of the mods or the admin .....or even another member you feel comfortable talking to .....Everybody see's things differently what gets up your nose & annoys Ya does'nt necessacellary get up mine or hoogies or tony's ...

Talk it through before hitting that "submit" button .....then we can all see the back of this "locked" thread saga !!!

Most of the locked threads on the old site were "personal" attacks ( & yeah I did my fair share)....on .....No I aint gonna mention THAT name !!!! but if somebody flames your car sayin "it's a bag of Spanners" ..so what ..YOU know it isnt and thats what matters here ..YOUR OPINION

Like Trev said before ...If you think a Mod is wrong or made a bad decision .....then tell him ..by a PM ...don't go postin in open forum that XXXXXXXX is a tosser & he or she should'nt be a mod .....

your opinion is just that " YOUR" opinion ..if you had a arguement at work you would'nt go running outta the office getting all the passers-by involved now would you .......you'd sort it out between the two of Ya

Same applies on here ...........

·
Banned
652 Posts
Ok I have sat all evening watching and reading what is going on....but again feel its time to comment....

This whole locked thread business has come about from a Thread that I started this morning....which I might add wasnt derogatory towards any man, woman, car, or animal.......now I fully understand that If I had been rude or abusive that the thread should have been locked....however I wasnt .....I also understand the fact that you locked it to stop others from being rude and abusive...however I am the one being penalised....

The people who do make these abusive or stupid posts should be and I am sure will be dealt with in an appropriate manner...however if u start locking threads that dont come under these catagories then people are gonna start to get stressed which is when the trouble will start.....

So I know that some of the mods etc are new to this....but from a members point of view like you are asking us to think before we click the submit button......maybe u guys need to do the same before locking a thread, and unless it is abusive maybe speak to the member concerned first.

Anyway thats it.....

Nicky

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I COMPLETELY AGREE with you Nicky .........Big POW-WOW in the mornin for us Admin & mods .....

bear wiv us peeps we'll get it sorted !!!

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
thank god for opinions , life would be so boring if we all thought the same and did the same ,what would the point be ??. as long as you treat people with respect and courtesy everything will be fine . just remember to treat people how you would like to be treated yourself . im sure at some stage there will be locked threads but i wont lose any sleep over it as keith said it is their opinion only and will have been done to prevent problems occuring .

sometimes prevention is better than curing a problem!!

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Ice Maiden said:
Ok I have sat all evening watching and reading what is going on....but again feel its time to comment....

This whole locked thread business has come about from a Thread that I started this morning....which I might add wasnt derogatory towards any man, woman, car, or animal.......now I fully understand that If I had been rude or abusive that the thread should have been locked....however I wasnt .....I also understand the fact that you locked it to stop others from being rude and abusive...however I am the one being penalised....

The people who do make these abusive or stupid posts should be and I am sure will be dealt with in an appropriate manner...however if u start locking threads that dont come under these catagories then people are gonna start to get stressed which is when the trouble will start.....

So I know that some of the mods etc are new to this....but from a members point of view like you are asking us to think before we click the submit button......maybe u guys need to do the same before locking a thread, and unless it is abusive maybe speak to the member concerned first.

Anyway thats it.....

Nicky
AREED NICKY!!

I'll be voicing my opinion!

·
1,431 Posts
im sure given a few weeks things will sort themselves out, when we all get used to the new system!! :p

·
892 Posts
Ice Maiden said:
...however if u start locking threads that dont come under these catagories then people are gonna start to get stressed which is when the trouble will start.....
I agree to an extent, but the whole thread was questioning a decision by the admin team. In this instance, maybe it was correct to post it in public, as you said that many people had the same concern as to why Droog wasn't picked.

Sometimes, locking a thread doesn't automatically mean there was something bad in the post.

Sometimes, threads get locked because you voice the opinion, the opinion is taken on board by those concerned and that is the end of the matter, lock the thread so it doesn't drag on.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Well said Keith / Nicky.. :D

Ok, so now everyone is a Happy Bunny on this fine friday morning.

And hopefully the site won't have any problems today, coz god i was bored in work yesterday without it. :p

·
1,431 Posts
am i the only person who hasnt had any trouble getting on the site?!?!?
its been fine for me! :roll:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
emma said:
am i the only person who hasnt had any trouble getting on the site?!?!?
its been fine for me! :roll:
me thinks your runnin on SHEEP power Ems!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts