MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Vendor
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATE: CAR INSURANCE WISH LIST

Hi,

In the Chris Knott office recently we were considering whether there were things the industry could do better. We were also contemplating what we as a business could do better.

Being that we're coming to the end of the year and are starting our planning for our new financial year which begins 1st Feb it's a good time to ask this question of you.

It's incredibly important for us to get members' views in all this as we seek to provide the things you want and need. Interactivity is the benefit of being involved with a forum.

Of course, a competitive price is always going to feature highly among the responses - we know that and we've responded as the market has softened in recent months. But we're also keen to find out if there are things besides the price that matter to you from a cover or service point of view that would be useful.

We'll look at all your suggestions - some of them we'll be able to arrange straight away, others will take longer to organise, maybe involving insurers, and some will not be possible at all but we'll do all we can to respond to the sensible suggestions.

To make sure we're not just feeding our competitors ideas, please PM me on here or drop us a message on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ChrisKnottIns) or Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/Chris_Knott_Ins).

We look forward to hearing from you but please maintain the helpful, collaborative spirit in which this is intended.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lower premiums in general especially with young drivers, You want our money! but charge us double/triple or even quadruple the price of the car! :wall:

I understand the situation with the reputation of boy racers and inflation etc but if you said providing your aged between 17-25 and your car is worth less than £2,500 we wont charge you more than that and i imagine in most cases less due to age (Prices tend to drop when you hit 20/21), no claims discount, years of driving and advanced driving courses etc more people would take out insurance with you!

And of course competitive prices on modified cars as well....

:thumbsup:

·
Vendor
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the idea but it's not just the cost of the repairs against the value of the vehicle that matters to insurers, it's the personal injury element of a claim that drives up the cost for younger drivers.

Your 18 year old mate who is left disabled for the rest of his life because of your collision with a tree will cost much more in compensation than a 60 year old passenger injured in her husband's car.

·
Vendor
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its not a problem now got insurance elsewhere. I spoke to a guy with a strangely spelt surname.
'Ioannou' I suspect - it's a Cypriot name. I'd have liked to have seen what happened to your email and whether we did actually respond. We often leave voicemail if we can't get through first time.

·
Vendor
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome back after the Christmas break!

I've had a look and we have no record of the email arriving, and Milton was waiting for that so he could complete the quote.

It's a shame we've missed out but please do give us a call later in the year when your current cover expires. We'll contact you around that time anyway to remind you.

best regards,
Nick

·
Registered
671 Posts
Weird was sent on 8/11 at 16:42 I sent it the first time to the wrong address so spoke to him again to confirm the correct email address.

·
Vendor
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE: Current CK offers

CAR INSURANCE
In case you missed it at the tale end of last year, we're offering the chance to WIN a VIP Tour of Silverstone for two to any club member who asks us for a car insurance quote between now and 28/02/14.

In addition, if you already have one vehicle insured with us, we'll give you an extra discount of £20 when you ask us to quote for another car in your household.

Just a couple of testimonials:

"Chris Knott Insurance - Thanks for the cheapest car insurance quote of my life so far." Sylivian, Fiesta ST Owners Club

"Recently moved my Z3 insurance over to CKI. I found them really helpful and as a bonus, I saved nearly (two thirds) on my premium." Neil Robinson, Facebook

MULTI-CAR BREAKDOWN COVER
Discounted 'per vehicle' UK Breakdown Cover is available until 31/03/14:

Cover 1 car for just £54.50 (normally £59.50)
Cover 2 cars for £104 (normally £109)
Cover 3 cars for £123 (normally £128)

HOME INSURANCE
A new offer from Chris Knott means that you could WIN a London experience - The View from The Shard and a Three-Course Meal for Two at Marco Pierre White's Steak & Ale House in Bishopsgate.

All you have to do is ask us for a quote on your home insurance before 28/02/14.

If you have a vehicle insured with us at the time of the quote we'll give you an extra £20 OFF the best quote we can find for you. If you have 2 or more vehicles with us, we'll increase the discount to £50. That's a discount on top of any other savings we can achieve for you!

Full prize details at WIN Tickets to The View from The Shard and a 3-course meal for two

·
Vendor
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
UPDATE: PRIZE DRAWS CLOSE SOON

Hi,

I just wanted to remind you that there's not much time left for you to benefit from our current Prize Draws and discounts.

CAR INSURANCE - get a quote before 28/02/14
In return for getting a quote from Chris Knott Car Insurance we're offering the chance to WIN a VIP Tour of Silverstone for two - ENTRY CLOSES 28/02/14.

HOME INSURANCE - get a quote before 28/02/14
Ask Chris Knott Home Insurance for a quote and you could WIN a London experience - The View from The Shard and a Three-Course Meal for Two at Marco Pierre White's Steak & Ale House in Bishopsgate - ENTRY CLOSES 28/02/14. Full prize details at WIN Tickets to The View from The Shard and a 3-course meal for two

MULTI-CAR BREAKDOWN COVER - take out cover before 31/03/14
Discounted 'per vehicle' UK Breakdown Cover is available until 31/03/14:

Cover 1 car for just £54.50 (normally £59.50)
Cover 2 cars for £104 (normally £109)
Cover 3 cars for £123 (normally £128)

OUR OTHER OFFERS CONTINUE
Our multi-buy and loyalty rewards continue indefinitely - that's £20 OFF any extra cars you bring to us and upto £50 OFF your home insurance. These offers are on top of any other draws we might offer from time to time.

If your car or home insurance is due this month, please include us in the mix when you get your quotes. Not only do we offer great rates to car club/forum members but you'll be entered into the above competitions.

0800 917 2274 / 01424 200477

This feedback posted just today on one of the forums: "Would just like to say a big thank you to Chris Knott - sponsor on here - for giving me a very decent insurance policy. Had an accident in December and found Chris to be very understanding and really helped me out. Bettered my quote by about £30-£40, lowered my excess and got all this with added courtesy car, legal cover and car hire purchase. Was very pleased to also hear the very small interest rate for paying monthly! A big thank you and hopefully I'll get my NCB bonus back so that my premium is even lower!" Wardy, Briskoda.net

·
Vendor
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
***CHRIS KNOTT Silverstone VIP Tour for Two WINNER***

Thanks to everyone who entered our prize draw by getting a quote between 1st Nov 2013 and 28th Feb 2014.

We're really pleased to announce the winner of our prize draw as sicskate (aka Ben Hobbs) from FiatForum (and other forums). We hope he has a great day and look forward to seeing some pics!

·
Vendor
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank You from Chris Knott Insurance

Hi, we'd like to thank the members of the car club/forum community for their support of our special car insurance scheme. So far this year we've been amazed at the increase in members using our service to find the best deal - each month we've beaten our growth targets by a significant amount and that's down to you.

On a slightly different note, we do try to monitor the forums and keep up to date with any insurance questions out there but if we've missed any please feel free to flag them up again by PM and we'll make sure you get a response.

Thanks again for your custom and don't forget to try us this year when your renewal falls due. We won't be able to help everyone but we'll do all we can for as many of you as we can.

QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274 / 01424 200477

FEEDBACK...

"Thanks a lot guys for saving me money on Car Insurance...!!! Both cars insured and over £400.00 saved in total..." Happy Matty. Slotty, Briskoda.net

"Went ahead with my Insurance renewal today with Chris Knott Insurance. Undercut my existing renewal quote by 10% over the phone before I could even approach the subject myself! Mod-friendly and polite service (Kim) Many Thanks guys." Av4nt, Audi-Sport.net

"Chris Knott have just halved my insurance! Result I say. Same cover as before and everything covered fully comp." Yorkshire007, Vectra-c.com

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Just phoned for a quote. Be interesting to see what you come back with. Lady I spoke to was amazed at the amount of modifications I have done. be interesting to see how you compare to Adrian Flux!

·
Vendor
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry about that. We often do battle with Flux. Sometimes we win, sometimes we don't. If we couldn't beat their rate there'll be a valid reason.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts