MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In general what are your views just intrested as a lot of people complain that this site is crap yet still log on daily!

I personally love it here lots of banter graet for sale section and some great members and mods.

Just wondered as the mods have a hard job I know as im a mod on another site be nice for them to know what you all think

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
No matter where you go you'll always get people saying "the site isn't what it used to be" or "the site's gone downhill of late" or "www.mgroversforexamplethezrandzs.co.uk is a far superior site", yada yada yada. People need to realise that things change and people move on... sometimes it's for the better, others it's for the worse, but one thing's for sure - it certainly keeps things fresh :)

·
Registered
776 Posts
This site is growing on me.

And yes, the Mods must have their hands full with you lot.:whistle:

I know modding a forum less busy than this one can be an effort sometimes so I don't envy the Mods here one little bit.:happy:

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
This site is growing on me.

And yes, the Mods must have their hands full with you lot.:whistle:

I know modding a forum less busy than this one can be an effort sometimes so I don't envy the Mods here one little bit.:happy:
It's very rare that there's more than two of us online at once! In fact, I actually cannot recall seeing four of us online at any one time for months.

There's talk of getting another one (which I would be most grateful for) but not sure what Hob's plans are.

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No matter where you go you'll always get people saying "the site isn't what it used to be" or "the site's gone downhill of late" or "www.mgroversforexamplethezrandzs.co.uk is a far superior site", yada yada yada. People need to realise that things change and people move on... sometimes it's for the better, others it's for the worse, but one thing's for sure - it certainly keeps things fresh :)
Here here I have never lost love with this place its nearly always livley

·
Registered
12,616 Posts
well i love it, helped me out with alot of things, how to guides etc plus if you need anything off the bay you come here first to check guideline prices so you know your not going to get ripped

in my time here ive got to recognise who the biggest characters are aswel **erherm** TJ :happy:

·
Need a new car!
2,054 Posts
Personally, I really like this site.....As you can tell, even though I have moved on from my ZR, I regularly log in and post.

When I am at my mates and I log in here, they always say, "Why the hell you going on there, you don't even have a ZR anymore"....

But for me its not all about owning the ZR, the people here are really great, and I get on well with everyone, people give advice to you no matter what the situation, and from day one I have always felt welcome.

I also feel that the Moderating team to a great job and keep the site well under control, they don't abuse their power and they keep the site running how it should be!

This is the only forum that I regularly post on, because most other forums that I go on, if your not apart of the clique then you are an outcast...

So..thats just my 2pence.

·
Banned
3,033 Posts
I also love it. Read the forums daily, great selection of pictures, information and general banter.
As si said above, everyone fits in here, on most sites you do get clique's (quite often more than 1) and if your not in your own clique, then its pointless even being there tbh.

·
Premium Member
31,424 Posts
I posted the other week about how hard bri tj and not so much now steveo work to keep it a great place..:) And not enough apprecitation is shown to them tbh. Must be a nightmare dealing with some of the crap a forum can bring.

And i agree with you andy if people don't like the site then don't log on :D

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
I posted the other week about how hard bri tj and not so much now steveo work to keep it a great place..:) And not enough apprecitation is shown to them tbh. Must be a nightmare dealing with some of the crap a forum can bring.

And i agree with you andy if people don't like the site then don't log on :D
not so much steveo? steveo did ALOT of work on meets etc.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
I do find it funny when people say "The sites going downhill" ffs if thats the case it must be rank rotten by now. Yes theres a lot of non zr related stuff, but thats mostly in the spam section, so If you dont wanna read it, dont look at the threads.

I sold my zr over a year ago and I still log on here every day, im a paid up member till 2011 and even though there maybe isnt too much in the site supporters section, I am glad to help contribute to the site. Hob must have spent a fair amount of his own cash keeping the site going over the past few years.

What does kinda pee my off is the people who are on here almost 24/7 yet cant be bothered helping towards the site costs with a few quid, come folks, pull your fingers out :)

IMO the whole admin/mods team do a fantastic job, well done guys!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.