MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Scottish Member
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some of you know, after about 5 years of owning MG's I have gone for a change of car.

The ZS has served me well but recently was going wrong and i found alot of the plastic parts giving up.

This coupled with manual windows, no aircon, no cruise control, no trip computer etc.

So on my birthday yesterday I went to "look" at other cars. I showed the salesman my ZS and he offered me a very good trade-in price.

So with that in mind Amy and I went for a walk along the showcourt and fell in love (not with each other, with a car :D)

I'm not sure what people's opinions will be, but i have always liked them.....

Its a 2007 Vectra 1.8i SRI in silver :D

If I am allowed then I would like to stay on this site, I am still MG obsessed its just reasons mean the Vectra is better for me.

Don't hate me lol

Still gonna tweak it slightly tho! :D

Already bought these for it.....

- couple of Imrscher parts and the associated badges for the front and rear
- K&N Panel Filter
- Vectra VXR Cold Air Intake
- Aero Wiper Blades
- Irmscher alloy tax disk holder

Not gonna go OTT with it. Might get the rear windows tinted and some wind deflectors in time :)

Sammy

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
theres one on camp down here with the spiderweb style wheels (same as on the focus st ish) and we were actually admiring that today lol

·
Scottish Member
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah they are nice, think they are called snowflake's iirc. I looked at the VXR lol but it was too expensive to buy to run and to insure! so the SRI and the 17" alloys will do me :)

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
sounds like the ones lol. pretty sure the one we were looking at wasnt a vxr though but the kit was nice :D lol maybe an aspiration? ;)

even as yours stands though it has quite a dominating presence

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
Nice mate, that's identical to the Motability car Lisa and I were going to get until they told us one of us had to be 25 or over to get Motability insurance on it, hence why we had to settle for the Astra SXi :(

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Looks ok, not as nice as the zs though. But still a nice car. Happy motoring lol :D

·
Registered
392 Posts
I actually prefer the previous model... But the're definately a comfortable car for the little I've been in them. Pity the ZS is gone though.

·
Registered
12,616 Posts
i love these too mate, thers a bloke next to me that has a blue vectra vxr as a taxi haha cant imagine his fuel costs but yeah i think some of the wheels off a vxr would look cool on the silver!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
very nice car mate :D i know you said you were thinking about selling but didnt expect things to move this quick...and where were you on sat nyt :eek: i bumped into keir and he told me you went home :O poor show young man

1 - 20 of 25 Posts