MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Chaps. Now my good friend Grant is taking Oliver the Olop round the ring in Aug, but due to holiday - i can't go :(. This got me thinking about next year though.... ;)

The plan is to have a group of us that sets off and travels to the ring, making a full weekend of it and having an awesome laugh.

The idea is for us to travel in bangers, top gear styleeeee. It would be a right laugh and shouldn't cost the earth.... The idea would be to buy a cheap crapper such as a corsa and then make it into a nimble track warrior - but keeping it cheap.... Possibly put a limit of £500 or something. I'm sure insurance would be arranged on a weekend basis and then weigh the tax in after the weekend... Alternatively, find a banger that has tax and MOT!!

I think this would be a real cracking experience and a chance to have a crack at the ring in a car your not extremely worried about. It would happen next year in the summer, so we could save a little bit each month....

Thoughts?

Jonno

·
Premium Member
9,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just take a BRM? ;)

Sounds interesting but I haven't got anywhere to store the banger :no:
I know what you mean! It's difficult storign these cars without making your house look like a scrapyard! Find an old person with a spare parking space or garage....

I am thinking giant saloon car barge of doom!!
lol!

·
Alergic to the apex
5,308 Posts
I know what you mean! It's difficult storign these cars without making your house look like a scrapyard! Find an old person with a spare parking space or garage....
We don't even have a driveway lol. I've tried looking for a garage to rent locally but I can't find anything :(

·
sideshow bob
9,834 Posts
ha sounds like a cool idea johnboy!

defo do it in a banger, im really scared about takin the olop :(

·
sideshow bob
9,834 Posts
mate im bricking myself driving round hudds @ 30mph!

im never gonna be able to fly around a track at 80mph+! :yikes:

·
sideshow bob
9,834 Posts
sh!tbox BMW for the RWD then, strip it out bad bwoi!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
am in with a bannger spider !!!!!!!! THE SPIDER WILL BE REBORN and then killed again !!!!

·
7,920 Posts
ooo oooo can i set you some "top gear challenges"

il even supply the sealed envelope to open when you get to the ring

1 - 20 of 51 Posts