MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I completly agree that the site should be open to donations.....it must cost a fair few quid to keep it going.

However, what I am totally in agreement with is the Donating member above peoples avatar....I know that u can donate anonymously, however I feel that by doing this immense pressure is being put on people to donate.....Now I notice that at the bottom of the index page, who has donated and the amount is also being posted!!!!!!

Some people might not be able to afford to donate, or will only donate because of what others might think if it doesnt say that they have done so above their avatar!!!

Like to throw this open to everyone.....no trying to cause trouble,......and I will donate.....but i wont be going public.......dont want anything above my non existent avatar!!!!!

·
Wannabe Photoshop Guru
1,584 Posts
ditto...im more than happy to donate (once my friggin student loan comes through) but i dont think the site really benefits from posting at the bottom of the index page who has donated how much...nice lil touch but not really necessary....

·
1,431 Posts
when you donate you get an option to remain annonymous(sp)........

no one is going to think bad of anyone who doesnt donate.

i've donated, not to kiss ass or to get a status, but cos i wanted to keep the site going!! :D

·
1,431 Posts
ooh, and as for the "donating member status".
maybe its just to make the peeps who have donated feel like they've been recognised...........im not bothered either way personally :eek:hwell: :D

·
Former Site Owner
3,525 Posts
Like I said Nicky

If people want to donate thats fine - if they dont thats fine too.

I/We dont look on that person any different or any less because they havent donated.

(Apart from...) - Only Joking

We appreciate any help at all - wether it be 1p or 100 quid -

·
Banned
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Craig I know that you guys wont think badly of people......

and to be honest anyone that judges people by whether they donate or not is rather sad in my opinion....I just feel that by the status thing etc there is pressure on people to do so bit like kids at school having to have the best stuff or people talk..........

And some peeps......are skint!!!!

·
892 Posts
as mentioned before, there is the option to remain anonymous so there really aint a problem.

As for donating 1p, please don't becuase PayPal take their cut and we get nothing. Thieving buggers.

I think we should maybe rethink the status thing tho

·
Banned
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know that there is the option to remain anonymous, but peeps are unlikely to take it.......(although I will) in case others think that they havent donated!!!!!!!!!

·
892 Posts
what would you think if it showed who donated but not how much at the bottom?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I totally agree, it all smells of "oh look at me im a donating member".

Sort of similar to the mods/admins who have their username followed by site owner lots of stars and another bit of text that lets you know theyre site owners or mods....lol youll be having sound next so whenever someone reads a post made by you lot theyll be able to hear that youre a "Site owner/admin/mod".

Lol rather amusing. :twisted:

·
892 Posts
Andrew said:
Sort of similar to the mods/admins who have their username followed by site owner lots of stars and another bit of text that lets you know theyre site owners or mods...
There's gotta be some perks after all the hard work i put in making this place work for you guys!

Anyway, values have gone.

·
Banned
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
personally I think it should be totally anonymous....but go with the flow guys....thats how these things should work!!!!

·
Banned
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This thread was not started to have a dig at the mods/admin.......they all work extremly hard to get the site going!!!!

Please use my thread for what it was intended

Thank u please!!

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Ice Maiden said:
This thread was not started to have a dig at the mods/admin.......they all work extremly hard to get the site going!!!!
here here Nicky, hats off to the mods and admin...they deserve a little recognition, if that means having stars next to their names or getting a diff coloured username then thats what it is...we're not exactly hard done to as users are we? We get a wealth of info and have a good time for very little in return!

·
1,431 Posts
Jib 21 said:
Ice Maiden said:
here here Nicky, hats off to the mods and admin...they deserve a little recognition, if that means having stars next to their names or getting a diff coloured username then thats what it is...we're not exactly hard done to as users are we? We get a wealth of info and have a good time for very little in return!
Well said!! both of you!!

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Andrew said:
I totally agree, it all smells of "oh look at me im a donating member".

Sort of similar to the mods/admins who have their username followed by site owner lots of stars and another bit of text that lets you know theyre site owners or mods....lol youll be having sound next so whenever someone reads a post made by you lot theyll be able to hear that youre a "Site owner/admin/mod".

Lol rather amusing. :twisted:
it was asked of the members their opinions re. what ratings they would like with not much responce, hence the reason that only mods/admin have titles at the mo!! And it is important for people to know who we are, as there may be a reason they need to contact us!!!!

And well said Nicky!! :wink:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts