MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right, this Saturday is the last chance i'll get to drive it as on Sunday I have to pretty much strip it :cry:

Everythings coming off it, front and rear lights, spoiler, badges, upper and lower grills, etc.

So sad.

But.............new lease of life for the old girl as she's having all the rust removed, dents taken out and complete respray to get her mega shiney again!

Then full interior and exterior valet to get her back to showroom condition ready for the NEC :D

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
nice one nasty, i like your style :D:D

you really deserve some sort of official award from the BRM federation lol

·
Premium Member
15,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

:rofl:

I am the "BRM federation", the owners club do naff all so someone has to fly the flag D:

·
Banned
5,341 Posts

+1 he really is nuttier than a snicker that man :bounce:

·
Premium Member
15,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you bringin the nastymobile to trax nasty?
It'll be one of them.

The old girl will have had her full respray and valet, etc by then so she'll be looking tip top......but.......just been informed that the track BRM engine parts arrived at Dave Andrews place today (minus the airbox, but that's no biggy) so we may well get it done in time!

Hopefully going to his next Thurs/Fri to pick the bits up :mml:

·
Premium Member
15,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, fresh coat of Brooklands Green all over, getting rid of all the scratches and swirls its accumulated over 10 years.

Mainly its to eliminate the rust as well as its creeping in on both front arches and around the boot lock popper.

·
Premium Member
15,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The BRM was based on the 200vi with the 145ps vvc engine, but then they tweaked the suspension and added the Torsen diff to the drivetrain.

The big changes were the interior, full red leather seats, red carpet, red leather steering wheel, aluminium heater surround, aluminium heater controls, aluminium surrounds for the speakers and tweeters, aluminium gearknob, etc.

Exterior is Brooklands Green with the orange snout in tribute to the British Racing Motors (BRM) racing team that Rover had collaborations with back in the 50's and 60's.

It was the top pf the range model of the 200 series, went on sale for £18k in 1998 but unfortunately that high price almost killed off all of the sales and it quickly dropped to around £14k new within 2 years.

·
Premium Member
14,041 Posts
The BRM was based on the 200vi with the 145ps vvc engine, but then they tweaked the suspension and added the Torsen diff to the drivetrain.

The big changes were the interior, full red leather seats, red carpet, red leather steering wheel, aluminium heater surround, aluminium heater controls, aluminium surrounds for the speakers and tweeters, aluminium gearknob, etc.

Exterior is Brooklands Green with the orange snout in tribute to the British Racing Motors (BRM) racing team that Rover had collaborations with back in the 50's and 60's.

It was the top pf the range model of the 200 series, went on sale for £18k in 1998 but unfortunately that high price almost killed off all of the sales and it quickly dropped to around £14k new within 2 years.
learn something new everyday, cheers nasty(wots ur name btw)?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts