MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there im hopefully looking to get a 160 in the near furture. Was just wondering what sort of power gains people have achived from these.

Say u have a decent induction kit, full exhaust system, manifold, de-cat, remap. what sort of power can u get ?

Also just wondering if anything can be done with the throttle bodies and injectors ? what do people usualy do ? what about injectors of the 2 litre turbos they used in the rover coupes, can these be added ?

Any help on this subject would be much apreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
you will probably gain about 20bhp from all the mods you mentioned.

as far as i know its very expensive to tune and will have to spend thousands to see the other side of 190bhp. think steveo is one thats had major work done?

2.0l turbo engine from the coupe, 600ti and 800 vitesse will go in and is a pretty common conversion and what most people will reccomend i imagine.

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
+1 as theyare 160bhp out of 1.8 vvc its hard to gain to much more the t16 turbo cnversion is best and easiest prbebly if you do it ypurself you could do i for about £750 and you have 220break

·
Registered
519 Posts
I`ve got my 160 upto 190bhp. All i did was a full janspeed with sports cat and induction.
If i keep the car im going to get the exhaust cam machined down and remap.
But the way things are going i`l prob sell up.

·
the saaaaaaaaaaaame!
2,490 Posts
you can get the k series engine to about 210bhp i think, probably abit more. but thats big bucks

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Best bang for buck is via engine swap.

·
JLR Integration God
498 Posts
I`ve got my 160 upto 190bhp. All i did was a full janspeed with sports cat and induction.
If i keep the car im going to get the exhaust cam machined down and remap.
But the way things are going i`l prob sell up.
Not that i don't believe you BUT that is a big gain for a better flowing system and induction - surely you must have done other things to get 20 bhp.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Janspeed claim with full system inc modified cylinder head the 160 will get 172 PS.

A remap should see 180 ish.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Im thinking about having mine re-mapped allong with the Full Janspeed System and Induction Kit.

Just out of intrest i was wondering whare i can get my 160 re-mapped? Also will this make it less mpg than it is now?

·
Registered
669 Posts
everyone goes on about remapping a standard car the gains you get from a remap to a naturally asperated engine is only a couple of bhp

·
Premium Member
15,237 Posts
everyone goes on about remapping a standard car the gains you get from a remap to a naturally asperated engine is only a couple of bhp
Depends what else you've done to it my friend ;)

Ditch the vvc mech, change to dth throttle bodies, change the ecu, etc and then get it properly remapped and you'll see something more than a few bhp.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Depends what else you've done to it my friend ;)

Ditch the vvc mech, change to dth throttle bodies, change the ecu, etc and then get it properly remapped and you'll see something more than a few bhp.

Or do none of that, fit a full exhaust, an induction kit, map the engine properly to run on Super Unleaded, Raise the rev limit to 7450 and make sure it can hit the limiter everytime in everygear (Unlike all std VVC tunes) and away to go, an easy 20 - 25bhp

·
Premium Member
15,237 Posts
Or do none of that, fit a full exhaust, an induction kit, map the engine properly to run on Super Unleaded, Raise the rev limit to 7450 and make sure it can hit the limiter everytime in everygear (Unlike all std VVC tunes) and away to go, an easy 20 - 25bhp
Spoilsport :p :rofl:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Not that i don't believe you BUT that is a big gain for a better flowing system and induction - surely you must have done other things to get 20 bhp.
Nope just those 2 bits, saying that the bloke that put it on the rollers at janspeed said that my manifold was a one off bigger bore.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts