MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so here it is.

i have sold my first car (the little gold rover)

and bought a bike untill i got myself a new car, but the bike is being a pain in the ass :wall: so i've decided i'm going to start the car project earlier than expected.

the base car will be either a 1.6 r25 or a mk1 zr (same insurance)

mods will include:

mk2 conversion
lowering on PI springs or avos
mk2 dash and custom trim ;)
ice install
18 or 17 inch black alloys with chrome lip

distant future mods include:

dual exit exhaust with sports cat
stand alone ecu
itg panel filter
52mm tb
vvc inlet
janspeed manifold

the car will get a full respray in SUNSPOT YELLOW :hooray:

and i got Mike (Mellowyellow) to sort me out a great photoshop of what it will look like completed

thanks pal :)

here is what this amazing colour looks like in the flesh on neos old car so you get a better idea:

i know you're all going to say its really expensive and it would be better to just get a mk2 but i am going to do it progressivly (bit by bit) and insurance is cheaper too :smart:

so....

...you like? :w00t:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Great if you can pull it off. Good ideas there and will keep my fingers crossed for you mate. Found a base car yet?

·
Registered
12,616 Posts
got a better idea mate, why not just get a base car from the scrappy and rebuild the whole thing, new engine etc whatever you feel it may need, wasnt there something about an audi engine getting put in a zed?

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^ thought about that mate but i'm really not up to that extent of work and putting a tt engine in would kill me with insurance :( + all the other mods that have to be put in to be able to accomodate a more powerful engine such as brakes etc would cost a fortune...

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great if you can pull it off. Good ideas there and will keep my fingers crossed for you mate. Found a base car yet?
thanks mate, i'm off to see and test drive one tomorow :mml:

·
Registered
12,616 Posts
yeah well at least all the money you spend on it you would know it was your car in the end, could just get it insured under someone else name and jjust not drive it, just use it as a show car and maybe on the track

·
1,010 Posts
Why get a stand alone ECU with the mods you mentioned? I am sure the standard ECU will be fine for those mods. Not really worth it IMO unless you are going for cams and throttle bodies or something else along those lines.

:)

·
OEM +
19,034 Posts
so pretty much u want a mk2 like hayleys in otherwords,
why not just save up for longer and buy a mk2 instead of faffing around wiht modding the car into a mk2 wanabe that your never going to get any money back for.

im not wanting to piss on your bonfire or anything mate i just think youl be wasting your money in the long run, save up abit more even it takes a few more months and then find a cheap mk2 base model and mod that, so in turn saves you buying the full mk2 conversion kit, cost of getting it fitted, and the cost of getting the dash conversion.
think of the money youl spend on that and that could be your money for theextra insurance or the actual car

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And most importantly - Big thanks to Hayley for using her pictures as a photoshop base..... :S
yep! thanks hayley :)

and i know it will cost a bomb and i really would prefer a mk2 but the insurance is a lot for me and i will be doing it progressivly...

·
Banned
1,654 Posts
took the words right out of my mouth! literally!!

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
so... theres no more "midas zed"??

1 - 20 of 30 Posts