MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
thinking of a turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of upgrading my 160 brakes to the tf 4pot brakes but do these fit straight on or do the need modding?

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
OK I dont doubt it, just that on a lot of the other forums they say they dont fit. I am guessing that anything can be made to fit given the time and money but they are certainly not a straight swap. I cant speak from personal experience as I have never tried.

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
OK I dont doubt it, just that on a lot of the other forums they say they dont fit. I am guessing that anything can be made to fit given the time and money but they are certainly not a straight swap. I cant speak from personal experience as I have never tried.
yes mate as i said they do need work, but ade has done them:)

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Having a quick look round, the problem will be that the mounts for the calipers wont fit so adapters have to made made and the discs on the TF have a different PCD so you might need to get some custom made with the holes drilled at the right PCD? Obviously bendjunkie will be better placed to advise.

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
yeah ade has these on they look amazing, but the amount it costs to get tehm on you better off getting something like a wirlwood kit on it. Ade only done it to prove it could be done

·
Premium Member
3,616 Posts
Although it did cost me a fair bit less than any conversion would have, about 300-350pounds in all (i can't remember exact figure) with all new parts (a plus being that the calipers were a steal at 110 from ebay, brand new with pads) I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wants a bolt on. It took a lot of effort, machining and time to get them to fit, but that's what it takes to have a 1-off.

·
thinking of a turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Although it did cost me a fair bit less than any conversion would have, about 300-350pounds in all (i can't remember exact figure) with all new parts (a plus being that the calipers were a steal at 110 from ebay, brand new with pads) I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wants a bolt on. It took a lot of effort, machining and time to get them to fit, but that's what it takes to have a 1-off.
ok cheers for the replys. so can i upgrade the 160 brakes from another car of would it have to be things like willwood(i think thats right lol)

·
OEM +
19,034 Posts
you could go for the cheaper version of ebc turbo grooved vented disks and green stuff or mintex pads, whihc u will feel a difference but if youve got the money to spend then willwood do a very good but pricey set of 4 pots for the zr's

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Even opting for the usual 620 T or 623 calipers will improve the braking as although the discs will be the same size, the pads are twice the size of the 160 set up, so more friction material means better stopping and they dont have to work so hard so dont heat up as much

1 - 15 of 15 Posts