MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the ZR 115 TD, what is the fuel consumption meant to be ? I read that I should be getting 45 to 50 per gallon. I am only getting 30 to the gallon (350 miles/tank)
Anyone got a answer for this ? Or is this right ?

Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
have you modded the engine at all mate? that'll bring down the mpg but shouldnt be that low! :eek: also depends on the way you drive, type of driving you do etc

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I get about 350 miles per tank but if I take it easy then its about 450......
its all down to how you drive them....

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
abrisbourne said:
I have the ZR 115 TD, what is the fuel consumption meant to be ? I read that I should be getting 45 to 50 per gallon. I am only getting 30 to the gallon (350 miles/tank)

Thanks
Andy
Christ wish i could get that...

Only get about 230 to the tank :evil:

i think #-o

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went to Heathrow on Saturday morning, sat at 3000rpm all the way so between 80/90, got 350. I think I would be able to squeeze a bit more may be another 20 miles but that would be it. I wouldn't get 450 ..

Thanks everyone for replying.

Andy

·
Registered
242 Posts
Doing 90mph isn't very fuel efficient.

When you guys say you're getting 450 miles to a tank are you working it out on the tank capacity (50 litres), or do you mean that you get so many miles out of whatever you filled it up with. I usually get about 42 litres of derv in when the needle hits the red.

I do 42-44mpg in a 101 TD.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I filled mine you the other week and got 47L in it........and going 80/90 does decrease the mpg.....80 is about 3k rpm and about 3/4 boost.....so below 3k and its bout 1/2 boost and better mpg............

·
Registered
393 Posts
abrisbourne said:

Thanks
Andy
Yes thats about right mate, rerember the 115 is slightly less fuel efficient than the 101 anyway.
I have a 101 TD with tuning box and i get about 350 miles to a full tank, but i do dive it quite hard alot of the time.
If you wanna get 400+ miles like some peeps on here claim then you gotta drive below 3000rpm all the time, and stick at 70mph or below (If you drive like that then get a saxo diesel instead and get 70 miles per gallon :lol: )

·
Registered
82 Posts
ZR TD comsumption

The speed you drive at has a lot to do with your MPG - I didn't realise quite how much until I played around with speed travelled on the AA route planner a while ago:- http://www.theaa.com/
Try it for 200miles at 90 instead of 70 and watch the cost go up. Don't think saving £2.25 by driving to Birmingham at 65mph is going to happen though!

I get around 100miles for £10 of diesel on average,my cars a 101 but chipped and I do tend to use the extra BHP. Got 90 miles last week to £7 worth, god only knows what I was doing there, crappy road conditions so driving real careful, can't complain at 53mpg

Have your got a K&N or other type of decent filter fitted in your airbox? they do tend to help a little as well

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, Next time I do a long road trip will stick at 70, and see if there is any difference. Will be a boring trip though !!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Late reply, but I've had between 55-60MPG on a tank, (101PS, no mods), and just over 500miles on a tank (about 42litres, hence could really get over 600miles!!). However to get this sort of MPG you have to stick to no more than 60. Best speed in a diesel is 50, but you'd either fall asleep or p£ss off all other road users.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts