MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right,

Ive had a look at me old throttle body and found the little restricter clip on the back of it, My question is ... if i chop this off it will still open the same amount.... so how do i adjust the cable so when i put my foot to the floor the butterfly valve thing doesnt go all the way round and block off the valve ??

Its canny hard to explain but any feedback would be well appritiated.

cheers

·
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Take it no one knows how to do this ??

Ive thought about snapping the restrictor clip of and then tightening the throttle cable, and just to make sure it doesnt flip back over and block the valve off agen im thinking about putting a screw half way down thru the plastic ... as if i was moving the restricor clip back.

If that makes sense ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
hi mate,
i have a rover 25 but i replaced my original with the 52mm TB.
Trust me this simple mod makes the car feel alive :evil:
Any way i am pretty sure that you will have to replace the throttle cable as the original cable on the 84ps rover is shorter and if you just remove the clip it still wont open fully. The cable costs £12 and its a very easy to fit, you can by the cable from - www.mg-rover.org - online shop section or you can get the part number from there and buy one at you local parts department.

Hope this helps.

thanks

·
2,585 Posts
nah that wasnt what he asked, i know what he means that theyre is a black restrictor clip, i dont think this should be chopped off due to throttle sensor etc will not be calibrated to go round that further, i hope this helps and i dont know of anybody that has tried this mod (not talkin about the 52mm TB)

·
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So is it not possible just to snap the restrictor clip of and then get a cable from a zr 105 ??

im just thnkin of cheaper ways of getting performance out of ya car... without spending over a hundred quid on a throttle body.

Cheers for the help anyway

·
2,585 Posts
em u can give it a try and see if it works LOL, personally i wouldnt try it unless somebody else has tried it

·
Registered
451 Posts
unsure about restrictor, but the cable where exposed should be nice and tight - couple of mm slack - check it idles around 1k rpm as well, if higher its too tight. Noticable incrase in response

1 - 7 of 7 Posts