MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a blue flame exhaust, but when I go round a left hand bend ( bumpy ones) the tail pipe seems 2 be knocking against the bumper. any ideas how 2 stop this?

G

·
Buy a powerflow one :twisted:

Realistically though, that is one of the problems with aftermarket exhausts that sometimes due to poor tolerances thay can be a tiny bit tight. Thats said, have a look underneath and make sure that all the hangers are there and that one hasnt broken or fallen off. If they are OK then you may have to get it on a ramp or stands and slacken all the joints to see if that will give you enough flex to move the xhaust away from the touch point before tighteneing everything up again. You may get some leaks this way as you break the gas sela on all the joints so once again you may need some exhaust sealant to stop this

G

·
Trouble with hitting it with a big hammer is that you will induce stresses where you hit it. This in turn can eiother damage the surface protection or set up stress corrosion promoting early failure. You could well cause internal damage to the box and other unseen faults. On the other hand it might just work. The choice is yours!

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I had a similar thing ......just got some long cable ties and wraped one around the mounting rubbers.(wrap around not top to bottom)this will lower the tail trim a few mm stoping the knocking.....
worth a go .if not then you will have to as nick said ,slacken and realine.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts