MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any1 know if there are any adverse effects if u accidently put Superunleaded in, not that im sayin that i have :zip:

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
none at all...it also wont make u go any quicker, due to the K series engine slack of a knock sensor.

So Im told.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wasnt lookin 4 any increase in power, just wasnt lookin at wot petrol pump i was fillin from. Didnt think it would b a problem, just wanted to make sure. ta

·
SRS Xmas Pants On!
11,286 Posts
Stu said:
No problems whatso ever.

A tankful of Optimax every once in a while would actually be a good thing.
You need at least three full tanks worth before you start to feel the difference, i have, i won't use anything else now.

i used normal petrol once since and it ran like a bag of shit til i filled it up with optimax again,

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Rich

You didn't give the ECU enough time to reset itself back to lower quality fuel.

OPtimax doesn't really make any difference to the K apart from feeling slightly smoother pick up.

Steve

·
Registered
120 Posts
Not sure whether it's worth the extra 10p. It does seem to make your engine run a lot smoother (and quieter!) though.

Then again, it could be as mentioned that my ECU didn't have time to readjust - once I put a tankful of BP Super in, and it really did run like crap.

·
SRS Xmas Pants On!
11,286 Posts
cwardman said:
The way i see it is if you want the best out you got to put the best in.
Agreed. If your spending loads on your Zed, why use cheap crap fuel. IMO Optimax is worth paying for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts