MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything that I can put on my sunscreen or indeed wipes to stop the rubber leaving a black sweep mark on the graphics etc?

many thanks

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
If your sunscreen ( sunstrip?) is encroaching into the swept area of your windscreen then it is deemed by law to be illegal (get some smaller wipers :twisted: )

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ooops didn't realised that!!! - I'm gonna have to get some pretty small wipers then because its around 2 inch overlap.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
it"s a load of bollocks..thats my personal opinion..
just because the wipers touch the sunstrip its an MOT failure....what a load of wank.........i love my sunstrip and will NOT be changing it.....

so if you pull down your internal sunvisors and it has an mot will it will fail?

i dindn"t think so

which is safer a face full of sun or you being able to see the where your fecking driving.

but i will be replacing the wipers with smaller ones so fuck the law

rant over

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
but do you drive round with your visors down when its raining?

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Before you start ranting and changing wipers, just read the MOT regulations for an explanation for what is and isnt accpetable ](*,)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
MR C said:
it"s a load of bollocks..thats my personal opinion..
just because the wipers touch the sunstrip its an MOT failure....what a load of wank.........i love my sunstrip and will NOT be changing it.....

so if you pull down your internal sunvisors and it has an mot will it will fail?

i dindn"t think so

which is safer a face full of sun or you being able to see the where your fecking driving.

but i will be replacing the wipers with smaller ones so fuck the law

rant over
Hate to say it Clive but I had my old 306 rejected on a sun visor, little bigger then mine at the moment. I had to rip it off at the MOT test station! Not the end of the world as you take it off for the MOT and put a new one on after, 1 sunstrip a year ain't bad as they get shabby anyway

1 - 17 of 17 Posts