MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water leaking through my sunroof. Only a small amount but still bugs me as it ocasinally drips onto my lap!! any idea on how to fix

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
gavbrad1 said:
Water leaking through my sunroof. Only a small amount but still bugs me as it ocasinally drips onto my lap!! any idea on how to fix
Ermm, how about closing the roof when it's raining ? #-o

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
gavbrad1 said:
ha ha very funny driveby, thought you guys were useful.
Any other idea!??
Sorry mate, not meaning to be a smartarse, it just appeared in my head :D

I think you need to get it back to the dealer as the other's have suggested if it's under warranty.

If it's not, then check the sunroof drain tubes which usually exit under the front and rear wheel arches. That is almost certainly where the problem lies, (unless the seal itself is knackered), but I would still bet on the drain tubes.

I had a problem once with a leaking roof and it was just down to the bottom of the tubes getting crudded up, a quick blast from an airline fixed it, however you need to be real careful as you can easily blow the rubber tube right off the sunroof drain - hence take it to the dealer if you don't know what you are doing, cos it is a right twat to put the tubes back on - you need to drop all the headlining out.

To check if the drains are working or find out where they exit, open the sunroof and carefully pour some water into the rain channel, the drains will be in the corners of the aperture, they will run down the A and C pillars normally.

Look underneath the car to see where it drains. If the water doesn't go down, or goes down very slowly - then that is the problem.

Hope that is a slightly more helpful answer than my previous one :wink: :D :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
my sunroof is leeking sometimes but not all the time it rains it leeks were the electric button is for sunroof and wet near front drivers side can any one help me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts